ForumsTips & TricksMy Personal Information Management System

My Personal Information Management System
joshua

Posted: Dec 20, 2011
Score: 4 Reference
Check out an article I posted, which talks about how I employ Toodledo along with GTD concepts to put a harness around daily data overflow. See if this could help you simplify your life:

http://blog.milehighcode.com/2011/12/my-personal-information-management.html
dannyw0011

Posted: Dec 20, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
Thanks for sharing. Your system is very well thought out. It's nice to see the entire workflow process and how Toodledo ties into it.
penny

Posted: Feb 14, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
Thanks for posting this. I'm working on fine-tuning my use of toodledo. GTD is on my list to look into further.
msucorey

Posted: Mar 05, 2012
Great stuff here.

I'm like you in that I've been playing with some PIM or another since 1999 (yes, it was a Palm) and now I find myself using a host of products that...again like you...includes Toodledo, Gmail, Gdocs, Evernote, among others. Instapaper.

Collectively, I've accepted these various tools along with my UCD, paper files, bulletin boards, white boards, etc. as my "extended mind" (which we all know is a better place to keep things than "psychic ram") with Toodledo being the root directory that keeps them synchronized via periodic "crawl" reviews and "scan" reviews (these are of course repeating taskers in different contexts).

You've gotten a lot farther than I have, though, where the rubber meets the road - action. Well done. Will be rereading your article again more slowly here soon (web clipped via Evernote, forcing me to evaluate again during weekly review when I process untagged, unfiled notes).

This message was edited Mar 05, 2012.
sailwoman4

Posted: Mar 06, 2012
Thank you. My head was swimming reading it, but I'm thrilled I can go back and digest it in small doses later.
apatel_1333019978

Posted: Mar 29, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
This is great. Thanks for sharing.
almullaonline

Posted: May 07, 2012
I liked the effort you are giving :)
maexx

Posted: Oct 11, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
awsome, thx
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.