ForumsTips & TricksStatus Updates

Status Updates
dpoort

Posted: Feb 20, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
First off, great program. I am now subscribed since this is the first time I have found a program that suits my needs in this area. Thanks!

One of the things I wondered about surrounds what I call "status updates". Currently, I use the "notes" on a task to make notes/comments about updates on those tasks. I was wondering if there was a more structured way to perform such updates. If not, it would be a really neat feature to add to the service.

Thanks in advance for any help in this area!

This message was edited Feb 21, 2009.
dpoort

Posted: Feb 22, 2009
Does anyone have a way to do this?
roddyt

Posted: Feb 22, 2009
Well, there is a "Status" field with predefined selections. If that doesn't fit the bill, maybe use of the Tag field.

But I would think you would have found those fields already, and as you're using the Notes field now, perhaps your updates need to be more "wordy." In which case, the Notes field might be your only choice.

Beyond that, it depends on what you mean by "structured." For instance, maybe you're thinking of a time stamp. I seem to recall someone requesting that some time ago (I think it was this forum). I also recall that someone offered a workaround or shortcut for doing it. I have no details as I wasn't interested in that feature when I read it, but maybe a search will turn it up if that's what you're interested in.
dpoort

Posted: Feb 23, 2009
Nope -- I had not yet seen/noticed the status field. Thanks for pointing it out! Let me fool around with that now that I know it is there!

Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.