ForumsTips & TricksTask Deferral

Task Deferral
megan.troxell

Posted: Feb 20, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I just moved over from Remember the Milk and was pretty convinced this was the best option to integrate w/ the To Do app for the iPhone. I'm not completely in love w/ the set up of the Google gadget (which how I almost exclusively managed my RTM tasks), though. Like RTM, it would be nice to just have a "Delay" option for those tasks that I didn't get to in the day I had originally intended to do them (which is almost every day). With Toodledo it seems that you have to go in and change the date, which is a few extra clicks. I also don't love the large font, however, I saw another topic on how you can change it, so I plan to do that.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 22, 2009
You could also just leave the old date and allow it to be overdue. This way you'll know how much it is overdue, which might be extra motivation to get it done sooner. If a task doesn't *have* to be done on a particular day, it also might be better for it to not have a due-date.

For tasks that you do often, you can make them optional repeating tasks, so if you don't get to it this week, it will be automatically moved forward to next week.

Hope that helps.
KatBoy

How does optional repeating tasks work? Can't find any information in the Help files.
roddyt

Preface the due date with '?'. See
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42
for details.
KatBoy

Posted: Feb 24, 2009
Thanks roddy - this is a very useful feature.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.