ForumsTips & TricksLink to OneNote

Link to OneNote
nexusstone

Posted: Feb 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Personally, I think that the Note feature of Toodledo is pretty retarded -- as it is only plain text.

In an effort to make this (MUCH) more 'robust', I thought that it would be pretty interesting to create OneNote link(s). Imo, OneNote is a VERY useful & rich environment -- which I use endlessly for LOTS of stuff. However, I am not very keen on OneNote for tasks -- including (in particular) its links to Outlook tasks.

The following hyperlink taken from OneNote works if you paste it in the Toodledo Note field:

OneNoteLinks

[The (real) OneNote hyperlink has 3 right-slashes ("onenote:///C:\...) -- but the 3-right-slash link doesn't work until you remove two of them.] As it stands, this link is pretty messy: it brings up an open dialog -- & throws error message(s) at the end. But, it WORKS.

I'm sure that some of you guys who know more web coding than I (the level of which is HIGHLY rudimentary) may be able to clean up the operation & structure of this link.
nexusstone

Oops, the href came out as a link -- rather than text -- so, I'm trying again -- & substituting hhhref for href: {Hopefully, this will show the text (not the link).]

OneNoteLinks
nexusstone

Okay, this time I'm trying hhhh for href=:

<a hhhh"onenote:/C:\Documents\OneNote%20Notebooks\Work%20Notebook\ToDos.one#OneNoteLinks§ion-id={A4 206E97-1DAE-48FE-9F91-4EFDFEF9D288}&page-id={AE1E59C5-B91F-417D-B9C0-775EBEFF972D}&object-id={2E0636 BC-56F9-03A2-29CD-2B763164CD82}&10">OneNoteLinks
shurst

Posted: Jul 28, 2009
I'm using OneNote for reference material and the ability to work "little and often" on given tasks - to be able to link from Toodledo to OneNote pages would be great.

I tried pasting in hyperlinks from Onenote but not sure how to activate when they are in toodledo notes section. Can you give me some more instruction?

Appreciate it - thanks.

Stv
Anders

Posted: Jul 28, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
For a link to function from the notes field, it has to be properly formatted (with http://, etc.).
shurst

Posted: Jul 29, 2009
Got it now.

What's working for me is to just enter <a href="

and then the onenote address and then whatever 'link name' you choose and it works fine...

This message was edited Jul 29, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.