ForumsTips & TricksIFTTT and completed tasks

IFTTT and completed tasks
jokerjim

Posted: Jan 01, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I have recently started using IFTTT (ifttt.com) to automate a bunch of different things on the Internet... many of those tasks that I have automated include storing data into Evernote such as voicemail automatically being put into EN, making it possible to save GMail items to EN by tagging it with "Evernote", etc... one of the things that I have seen someone mention doing with another To-Do app/service was to have all newly completed items stored into a daily log entry in EN so that you have a log of all that you accomplished on each day.

There are a couple of ways that I could see this being done with IFTTT and Toodledo. First, you could have a connection between the two which would require IFTTT developers to implement a link using the API or the second option would be to utilize some sort of RSS feed that lists completed tasks only. I saw the RSS capabilities of TD, but did not see a way feed for completed items.

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this either with IFTTT or is there some third party app or built in funcionality that allows me to store my completed tasks into Evernote (preferably with deletion of the completed task once it's been archived to EN)?

Thanks for any advice.
kuanding

Posted: Feb 11, 2013
1. completed tasks to Google calendar.
2. completed tasks from projects to be recorded in an individual Evernote note.
3. completed tasks from projects to be recorded in an individual Google spreadsheet
Jason Bushell

Posted: Mar 14, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
I use IFTTT to send emails to my Toodledo account when something needs actioning.

So for example, if I get a sale on Ebay, it will fire an email to my TD account that creates a task to check for payment. When payment is then receieved it creates another task for me to mail the item.

Very useful indeed.

This message was edited Mar 14, 2013.
akorvemaker

Posted: Apr 25, 2013
Posted by jokerjim:
... one of the things that I have seen someone mention doing with another To-Do app/service was to have all newly completed items stored into a daily log entry in EN so that you have a log of all that you accomplished on each day.

... the second option would be to utilize some sort of RSS feed that lists completed tasks only. I saw the RSS capabilities of TD, but did not see a way feed for completed items.

I would love that (or similar) functionality as well. If an RSS feed of completed tasks existed (possibly able to be filtered by context, etc.), I could use something like IFTTT or Blogtrottr to archive it.

I've been using the Journal feature in Backpack (from 37signals) for this sort of thing, but it's being slowly discontinued and I'd love to have a replacement. I can't find anything that works simply and easily.
troy.christmas

Posted: Apr 28, 2013
Score: -1 Reference
We are close to launching a solution that we hope will provide better integration of Evernote and Task Services like Toodledo. If you'd like to be notified when our beta is released, please complete our simple Google Form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16nPFDkbdLfK-zK3fOMmET7ryFv4eJy5otL35iSUQ43M/viewform
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.