ForumsTips & TricksToodledo on iOS Add URL Scheme and Drafts Action

Toodledo on iOS Add URL Scheme and Drafts Action
Shawn Elliott

Posted: Jan 23, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
The following url scheme on iOS will allow you to add a task.

toodledo://toodledo.com/task.html?title=Newly%20added%20item

So far I haven't found a way to set folder/context/start, etc but the defaults defined in the app work.

When this opens in Toodledo it won't open to the new Todo but you can go to recently added or whatever view shows your recently added items and see it there.

Here's a Drafts action that uses this to add a task from Drafts.

drafts://x-callback-url/import_action?type=URL&name=Add%20task%20to%20Toodledo&url=toodledo%3A%2F%2F toodledo.com%2Ftask.html%3Ftitle%3D%5B%5Btitle%5D%5D
kleerkoat

Posted: Jan 28, 2014
awesome! how in the heck did you figure it out? i'm a url action junkie. thanks for the action!
Shawn Elliott

Posted: Feb 03, 2014
I was looking for a way to isolate how toodledo was generating links for the iOS calendar and replace those with direct links to the toodledo app (ala toodledo:// instead of http://).

While tinkering I was looking at the links generated when you "share" from the app and from there kept playing with what happened with various arguments sent. So far can't find a way to set anything else such as star/folder/context but it fits my log it quickly and back out from Drafts and/or Launch Center Pro!
kleerkoat

Posted: Feb 04, 2014
wow, that's a cool hack, wonder if that can be applied elsewhere? hmmmm
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.