ForumsTips & TricksParent Tasks at Top of List

Parent Tasks at Top of List
Rob G

Posted: Feb 10, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I use Proximo's setup but I've taken out the Projects Folder and instead use a Projects Tag. Now I can make any Task in any Folder a Project, even if its just a single Task with no subtasks, yet.

All existing searches had the - Folder is Projects removed.

I then added 2 new searches, one for All Actions and one for All Projects.

All Actions is Checked No AND Has Subtasks No AND Is Subtask No AND Tag doesn't contain Projects.

All Projects is an "Any" search. Checked No AND Has Subtasks Yes OR Checked NO AND Is Subtask No AND Tag Contains Projects. This lists top level projects WITHOUT subtasks or tasks that do not yet have subtasks but are still Projects. This provides for a very succinct list. At any time you can click on the Parent Tasks icon to show the subtasks.

On iPhone I don't have searches of course so I can't use the Projects view, but I don't do my weekly review on my iPhone so thats fine. I use the Star for Next Action and sort by that and Nested Subtasks and so in Contexts I see my most important Tasks at the top.

This message was edited Feb 10, 2010.
Proximo

Posted: Feb 12, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Rob G:
I use Proximo's setup but I've taken out the Projects Folder and instead use a Projects Tag. Now I can make any Task in any Folder a Project, even if its just a single Task with no subtasks, yet.

All existing searches had the - Folder is Projects removed.

I then added 2 new searches, one for All Actions and one for All Projects.

All Actions is Checked No AND Has Subtasks No AND Is Subtask No AND Tag doesn't contain Projects.

All Projects is an "Any" search. Checked No AND Has Subtasks Yes OR Checked NO AND Is Subtask No AND Tag Contains Projects. This lists top level projects WITHOUT subtasks or tasks that do not yet have subtasks but are still Projects. This provides for a very succinct list. At any time you can click on the Parent Tasks icon to show the subtasks.

On iPhone I don't have searches of course so I can't use the Projects view, but I don't do my weekly review on my iPhone so thats fine. I use the Star for Next Action and sort by that and Nested Subtasks and so in Contexts I see my most important Tasks at the top.

Nice!

Tags are much easier to work with with the new tag pick feature.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.