ForumsTips & TricksSalesmen?

Salesmen?
clango

Posted: May 16, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Is there here any salesman who use toodledo to manage the sales pipeline? How do you collect the next actions you need for each potential?

This message was edited May 16, 2015.
Salgud

Posted: May 26, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
As much as I'm a fan of TD, in this case, my experience is that for tracking sales activities, Sales Tracking software is much superior. That's what it is designed to do. While I could spend considerable time customizing TD to to this up to a point, Sales Management software would require little if any setup time beyond getting some fields setup and so forth, and would also automate many of the processes that would have to be done manually in TD.

Best of luck whichever way you go.
clango

Posted: May 27, 2015
Hi Salgud!

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I'm trying to adapt TD to a CRM.
I organized a folder called Sales (what a fantasy I had! ;-)) then I built several contexts as the steps I require, to build a funnel.

i.e. Do I need to approach him? @Approach
Do I need to remind to follow-up @follow-up

Then I used the note of each task to fill into my notes, informations about.

Then I use as well priorities to put up or down depending what I decide and I use the technique of the start date as Linenberger teach to decide when I like to do a task and see the different horizons (high today in the calendar, medium this week, low next days, negative for customer I'd like to take in consideration in the future)

What do you think about my idea?

About the sales tracking which is for you a more comfortable solution?
dennislynn

Posted: Aug 13, 2015
I too am interested in using TD as a sales tool. I have tried various CRM options but find that it's just not what I need. As a small business owner I do more than sales. I am always working on projects - as well as selling.

I have some ideas. If anyone is interested we could set up a Zoom conference call and discuss.

Dennis
hdsheena

Posted: Sep 02, 2015
Dennis,
I'm interested in discussing this!
clango

Posted: Sep 11, 2015
Let's do it....if I'm not too late. It'd be great if Jake could join us

This message was edited Sep 11, 2015.
hdsheena

Posted: Sep 11, 2015
How to best set this up? Should we just start a discussion here?
Salgud

Posted: Sep 16, 2015
Of course, you can do what ever you like, but this is the software I used to track my consulting/training business for years. Totally customizable, way beyond what TD can do, and very reasonably priced.

http://www.commence.com/

For example, I had it set up to that any appointment that generated income (marked by entering the expected income into a custom Income (currency) field), would automatically trigger a reminder on the day following that appointment's due date to invoice the customer. I had a Word template set up that automatically created the invoice from the info in Commence. Once I marked the appointment invoiced, if I didn't mark it paid within 30 days, I got daily reminders to follow up until it was paid. It also automatically tracked all my prospects as they progressed down the sales pipeline, among other things. All this without any actual programming, using what they call Agents. Very easy to use.

Just a suggestion. Best of luck whatever you decide.
dennislynn

Posted: Sep 27, 2015
ToodleDo as a Sales tool ---- Sorry I disappeared for a few weeks. I am up to scheduling an online video conference if anyone is interested. Since I don't check here very often - send inquiries to [email protected] --- use the subject: ToodleDo Video so I won't scan past it. :)

Let's do this.

Even the CRM solutions "for small business" are totally beyond anything I need. I get this from most small business owners. The other part of the equation is that I would REALLY love it if I could manage both ongoing projects, personal tasks, AND my sales funnel from the same software / app.

Dennis
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.