ForumsTips & TricksHow to record it when I fail in a task

How to record it when I fail in a task
justodaverio15

Posted: Sep 30, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I have the task of reading a lesson in internet. But as yesterday I have problems with internet I couldn't do it, so I want to mark as uncompleted. However, toodledo just put the task as unchecked and say in "due date" yesterday. Also I have it set to repeat it daily, but I would like to mark as uncompleted and to be repeated this task today, I mean I have to do it today the task anyway I've failed. Thanks
pawelkaleta

Maybe you should consider Habits section for tracking such kind of things? I mean, you can set daily habit and mark it on given day as done or not depending on if you failed or not. The dashboard in Habits section will gove you then a nice overview of your progress.
justodaverio15

AH great, I can put the hour in task and in Habits if done or not. I actually use it that function. Thanks a lot. And what I really want know is to to schedule my day, but I don't know what hour is the best for me. Do you have some tips?
coolexplorer

Posted by justodaverio15:
AH great, I can put the hour in task and in Habits if done or not. I actually use it that function. Thanks a lot. And what I really want know is to to schedule my day, but I don't know what hour is the best for me. Do you have some tips?

It is exactly for this 'real life example' that, while we may set separate Goals or Habits and analyse their achievement separately (with graphics), the tasks associated with their achievement should appear in the Task tab so that we can find time and schedule for their achievement within the crowding of our day with other tasks. This is accentuated when Habits are not daily but on a intermittent schedule.

This can be achieved if tasks related to our major Intentional Goals and Habits appear in our regular Daily Task list i.e. Hotlist (clearly marked with a differential symbol, font, color or other differentiation). We Humans do better with a single list rather than multiple lists (which me must remember to check : a to-do for that).

One master list / dashboard (a God mode?) would make TD supreme in elegance and utility.
pawelkaleta

Posted by coolexplorer:
One master list / dashboard (a God mode?) would make TD supreme in elegance and utility.

God mode - I like that!:-) But seriously, that would be very convenient to have such master view.
johnprince2112

Posted: Oct 03, 2015
Are the dates for prioritization or for actual "someone will inquire about this ON this date, and potentially inquire between now and then, so that is my mileston...meet that date!"

From an application view-point, having an option to snooze missed due dates to a 'current date' due date field solves this....but one does not exist. Check out that Star if you have not. Stack rank the rest based on a myriad of properties...some due dates, some not. I understand your dillema. This system is not well-defined for that, IMO at least. So when using this app I've found keeping a state-based approach more efficient. I hope that helps some.

This message was edited Oct 03, 2015.
coolexplorer

Posted: Oct 05, 2015
For a substantial number of people actually Scheduling certain tasks helps as a reminder to get them done. This is particularly true of Important but not Urgent tasks.

As many experience users (Jake, Salgud, etc) suggest one should reserve Due Dates for actual hard Due Dates which should reflect on ones calendar.

For jogging one to start something on a particular day one may (with discretion) use the Start Dates to allow sufficient time to complete a time consuming task. The problem is there is no Alarm associated with Start Dates. The android app "Ultimate To-Do List" has an Alarm associated with Start Dates, and a wonderful "Persistent Reminder". One that clings to my mobile notification screen. I just have to complete that task or it keeps alerting me every few customizable minutes.

Would like TD to associate an Alarm with Start Dates and have an optional Persistent Notifier on the desktop and mobile (for some must do tasks).
Jim_11

Posted: Oct 11, 2015
I'd like to be able to set tasks for a day and if they arent completed I get a reminder each day at a specific time that I should have started the task...

Ideally the "each day" would be a customizable period (eg snooze 1 hour)
Sabina A.

Posted: Oct 12, 2015
Posted by Jim_11:
I'd like to be able to set tasks for a day and if they arent completed I get a reminder each day at a specific time that I should have started the task...

Ideally the "each day" would be a customizable period (eg snooze 1 hour)

Unfortunately, we don't have a "snooze" feature yet, but it is on our to-do list. However, we can't comment on a time frame for implementation.

You can set an "Optional" due date and have the task repeat daily, which will make the task roll over everyday until it's completed. Here is some more information:

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=119

Hope that helps.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.