ForumsTips & TricksHabits Feature?

Habits Feature?
jpv2112-s

Posted: Nov 10, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Has anyone had success using the habits feature in TD?

I've tried it for a week as a way to remind myself to change in the directions that I want to go (without cluttering up the task list with daily repeats), but to me it's essentially a less convenient daily reminder list insofar as I'd have to click to another screen. Perhaps habit reminders would be better put the task area as a single task with either subtasks or reminders in the note of the task. I'm personally not inspired or motivated by a chain-link representation of the past successes/failures, and recognize that the point of goal planning is to change present and future behavior/results, not dwell on the past. Therefore, for me, a simple reminder list of daily habits is sufficient to keep my ever-changing personal development goals in focus.

Additionally, there are a few glaring omissions/errors which lead me to believe that the product is perhaps on it's way out? First, if you click on a star to log an item (maybe accidentally), there's no way to delete it and make it un-logged again (important, because the habits metrics focus on whether something was logged or not). Secondly, the graph for the number-logged habits extends off the bottom of my Windows Chrome screen (other habit measurement types don't do this).

Has anyone found the habits feature useful?
Ummagumma

Score: 1 Reference
Not for long. The idea seems to be to remind & track. Most of what I am using this for is diet and workouts and there are apps that do this so much better.

This is just another standalone program that doesn't really talk to the rest of Toodledo...
Salgud

Posted by jpv2112-s:
Has anyone had success using the habits feature in TD?

I've tried it for a week as a way to remind myself to change in the directions that I want to go (without cluttering up the task list with daily repeats), but to me it's essentially a less convenient daily reminder list insofar as I'd have to click to another screen. Perhaps habit reminders would be better put the task area as a single task with either subtasks or reminders in the note of the task. I'm personally not inspired or motivated by a chain-link representation of the past successes/failures, and recognize that the point of goal planning is to change present and future behavior/results, not dwell on the past. Therefore, for me, a simple reminder list of daily habits is sufficient to keep my ever-changing personal development goals in focus.

Additionally, there are a few glaring omissions/errors which lead me to believe that the product is perhaps on it's way out? First, if you click on a star to log an item (maybe accidentally), there's no way to delete it and make it un-logged again (important, because the habits metrics focus on whether something was logged or not). Secondly, the graph for the number-logged habits extends off the bottom of my Windows Chrome screen (other habit measurement types don't do this).

Has anyone found the habits feature useful?

I have to caveat myself by saying I have used it very little .What little I did, I found it, as you have, rather kludgy and have heard others say the same as you, that there are better implementations out there. I wouldn't know about that, haven't looked.That said, it's been improved somewhat since I last tried it out, so I've decided this week to give it another try to see if it works for me now. Hopefully, it will motivate me...

As far as it going a way, I doubt that very much. It is continually being enhanced (you can review the monthly updates in the News forum), and much to my chagrin, is getting far more attention, along with Outlines and Lists, than the heart and soul of TD, the task management (You can see this in the updates too). Personally, I'd prefer it to go away, along with Lists and Outlines, but it's not going to happen, so I'm making the best of it.
Olivir2015

Posted: Nov 11, 2015
Habits are practically the only section I am no using - now. On the other hand, if I would need to track something, I would definitely try to make it inside Toodledo, because the more different products I use, the more probable is I would actually forget where to put that specific info.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.