ForumsTips & TricksPro Plus: Attachments with Sync.

Pro Plus: Attachments with Sync.
Proximo

Posted: Jun 12, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
OK,

So I just upgraded from Pro to Pro Plus. I already started to use the file attachments with my task and I love the way you can manage files with the file manager. GREAT UPGRADE

I was just thinking on how cool it would be to have an Attachment Sync.

What is that?

To have an attachment on a task, but have it sync to the original document on your computer. This way if I make modifications to a report on my office computer. It will sync. and update the file on my Toodledo task.

When I go home, I can always open the attachment from Toodledo and see all my latest changes there.

If I make changes to the attachment from home. I would love for it to sync. with the document on my office computer when I log in.

I know this may be very difficult to accomplish and it will require some kind of additional application that installs on your computer, but it would be so great.
Anders

I think this would be very difficult given the many different file types, and many different programs people use to edit the. It might be easier to sync with Google Docs, but I don't really know. It would be cool though.

~Anders
Proximo

Posted by Anders:
I think this would be very difficult given the many different file types, and many different programs people use to edit the. It might be easier to sync with Google Docs, but I don't really know. It would be cool though.

~Anders

I know this would be difficult to pull off, but just wanted to throw it out there. Some documents I work with are used by others and updated on a network drive. I want to attach these type of files to my task, but I would have to down load it to the computer to make the changes and then upload it again.

Most of my file attachments don't require this, so it's simply an idea.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, file attachments on Toodledo are not editable on site. You will need to download them, edit them, and then reupload them.
Proximo

Posted: Jun 22, 2009
Not a big issue. In most cases I am using the files I attach as a reference to the task at hand. The few situations where I actually attach a report I need to finish, I can download it to my computer for updates and attach it again.

It would be nice if we could edit the attachment on the fly while still connected to the task, but this is low on my priority list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.