ForumsTips & TricksToodlethings User Style

Toodlethings User Style
Garfield

Posted: Aug 01, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Hi - I'm sharing with you guys my first attempt at styling / scripting called Toodlethings. It was originally implemented by nonimage as Toodledo Things Style. One weekend I just started playing with it in Firebug. That weekend turned into a lot of hours and now I think it's ready to be released. I've been the only one testing it so be warned, there will be bugs.

Preview Image

I don't have a Pro account so not a lot (if any) testing has gone into pro features (I really should get one...). It should all work out though.

If you find anything you'd like to change, feel free to alter it to your own - I recommend using Firebug. If you improve upon it and would like to share please let me know, my e-mail is in the file. If you find a bug, posting in this thread will do but in order to keep track of things try filing it on the userscripts page.

I hope all of you guys enjoy it.

Toodlethings

This message was edited Aug 01, 2009.
Joshua

Posted: Aug 03, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
It works pretty well. I have a Pro Account.

I tried to used nonimage's as a Greasemonkey script and had issues with my layout (column resizing tools didn't work leading to issues). This seems to fix that. Only thing I had to do to make it work was resize my text zoom level (-1) and adjust column widths, but it now seems to work.

I'll continue to test and let you know what I think.
jgsoares21

Posted: Aug 22, 2009
Hi.
This is a great script! The UI of Toodledo is a lot better with this! Thanks a lot Garfield.
Just one question: I'm currently using Toodledo as a separate web app with Mozilla Prism http://labs.mozilla.com/prism/ , and I was wondering if it's possible to "embed" the javascript file into the webapp so I can use the new UI.
Sorry to bother but I'm a complete newbie into this "scripting-styling" thing.
Thanks for your great work, I really think that this should be the official UI of Toodledo.
Anders

Posted: Aug 22, 2009
I have heard that it is possible to run Stylish in Prism, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make it, or any other addons work. I would love to hear if someone knows how to do this. If you enable the statusbar for your Prism app, there is an extensions manager you can access, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I tried installing Greasemonkey and it told me it was incompatible. Okay fine, it may be. But then I tried installing Stylish, and it didn't give me any message at all. It just did nothing, and I have read that Stylish should work, so I'm at a loss here.
Joshua

Posted: Aug 23, 2009
I turned off the Things Style because it seem to load slow. Also, it just seemed too white by my humble opinion. I like the idea of these customized looks for Toodledo however. If anyone is tinkering with these, keep them coming!
Garfield

Posted: Oct 18, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I just uploaded a new version of Toodlethings to the following link - http://j.mp/J40Od

It includes some fixes, compressed CSS code, and a couple of design changes. If anyone has any findings of bugs or requests, please feel free to post them here.

Hope you enjoy using it!
Proximo

Posted: Oct 19, 2009
Posted by Anders:
I have heard that it is possible to run Stylish in Prism, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make it, or any other addons work. I would love to hear if someone knows how to do this. If you enable the statusbar for your Prism app, there is an extensions manager you can access, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I tried installing Greasemonkey and it told me it was incompatible. Okay fine, it may be. But then I tried installing Stylish, and it didn't give me any message at all. It just did nothing, and I have read that Stylish should work, so I'm at a loss here.

If anyone knows how to use styles with Prism. Please let us know.
Bartosz Gajek

Posted: Oct 21, 2009
Posted by Garfield:
I just uploaded a new version of Toodlethings to the following link - http://j.mp/J40Od

It includes some fixes, compressed CSS code, and a couple of design changes. If anyone has any findings of bugs or requests, please feel free to post them here.

Hope you enjoy using it!

Sweet! Thank you for your work!
Steve

Posted: Oct 22, 2009
Thanks so much for doing this, garroteman. I really like this style, but do have a couple of comments.

It does seem to display less tasks on a page than other styles.

I think I prefer the way "Toodledo Things style" displays the heading items, and has less vertical space between each task. Your style has all the heading elements as just words, maybe underlined, which makes it hard to pick some things out. However, your task headings line up much better, and I can adjust column widths etc!

Thanks again.
teknia micro

Posted: Oct 30, 2009
It is a bit cleaner and that is appreciated but doesn't display as many tasks on the page. (too much white space between?)

Overall good stuff!
Cameron

Posted: Oct 30, 2009
Looks great!

This message was edited Oct 30, 2009.
Bartosz Gajek

Posted: Nov 02, 2009
Is there anything you could do about that UGLY "add a subtask" button? It is really ruining the whole Things experience, by sticking out, like in your face.

p.s I would gladly donate to your Things project if you added paypal button

This message was edited Nov 03, 2009.
hikingmonk

Posted: Nov 04, 2009
How to use this with Prism.

Go to this website and download the .xpi file for teramako's Greasemonkey for Prism. There is a link at the bottom of the greasemonkey for prism section (right click- save as).

http://blog.brianquan.com/index.php?m=07&y=09&entry=entry090723-073829

Now install this in Prism via click on the bottom right settings icon, select tools-add ons-extensions-Install.

Now you should be able to install the script similarly as above, except selecting greasemonkey-download user script instead.

This is the URL to paste into the download window from above.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/54863.user.js

Cheers.
hikingmonk

garroteman, what specifically don't you like about the 'add a subtask' button? size? color? etc? What would you like it to look like?

Not sure i'm smart enough to fix it, but i'm curious about this stuff so i might at least take a look. i want to change the gray background to something cheerier.
Bartosz Gajek

its big, clunky and the green color doesn't fit the "things" theme

I would love to see it match the golden check box that you can see on tasks when "things" theme is up.
hikingmonk

Posted: Nov 05, 2009
Gotcha. I'm going to have to get my macbook out and download the latest Things install. It's been a while, but i do remember liking the UI a lot. I wish they had a Windows version since that's what I'm stuck with most of the day.
Bartosz Gajek

I also wish for XP Things..

I would greatly appreciate you looking at that nasty "add subtask" button

This message was edited Nov 05, 2009.
Garfield

Working on it at the moment. Been doing remote fixes on the CSS just as tweaking. The row background should now display as it once did.

I'm open to suggestions if you have any :)
Bartosz Gajek

Posted: Nov 06, 2009
how about looking at the calendar? It could use a little attention
Garfield

Posted: Nov 07, 2009
Unfortunately, I've tried and the subtask icon is generated recursively by Toodledo (you can see it refreshing when switching views) and am unable to alter it. I'll continue to look into it further though.

The calendar might not get the same love, however. I use the Toodledo widget for Google Calendar - I highly suggest you give it a look.

Still, any requests/criticism is more than welcome. Please know that I'm continually updating this script remotely (ie - you won't have to redownload the addon).

Speaking of which: I've uploaded a new version. This one includes back and forth arrows that are a bigger and tend to go with the theme more, I think. Couldn't do it in CSS alone - sorry.

This message was edited Nov 07, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.