ForumsTips & TricksGoogle Voice & Toodledo

Google Voice & Toodledo
replytoken

Posted: Sep 24, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
For those of youlooking for a free transcription service, I have tested out my Google Voice account with TD. I do not know the quality level of transcription with other services, so I cannot make a comparison with Gooogle Voice.

The set-up is as follows:

--Do not have your Voice account forward to any other telephone numbers. This will allow its voicemail option to take your calls.

--Forward your transcription to your G-Mail account, and then have your G-Mail account forward the transcription to Toodledo.

Its not the world's most optimal arrangement, but it is free and it is easy to set up and control.

--Ken
Vin Thomas

Posted: Sep 24, 2009
I have used Dial2Do and it works great.
mark

Posted: Sep 25, 2009
+1 for Dial2Do

Admittedly, I don't have it set up directly to access Toodledo as I didn't want to give them my login details (overly paranoid maybe) so I can't listen to my Tasks (I have TaskJot for seeing my Tasks when I'm out and about).

Basically I set up my Toodledo 'secret' email address up as a Dial2Do contact and just email Tasks in.

Works fine.
cj

Posted: Sep 28, 2009
Another vote for Dial2do ...

the steps you listed for doing this in Google Voice have already been developed by a guy named Rube Goldberg ; )
replytoken

Posted by cj:

the steps you listed for doing this in Google Voice have already been developed by a guy named Rube Goldberg ; )

Funny, I felt that way when I was reading how one has to use Dial2do. I did not realize that leaving a simple message required a number of steps. Its probably not a big deal, just like setting up Google Voice and Mail with TD, but I am glad we have choices that work well for us.

Regarding Mr. Goldberg's "latest designs", I would have to reserve that special honor for some other hardware and software manufacturers. Most of the time setting up Google's products does not even come close to the contraptions needed to get some equipment to work right, but I will not name names and take this thread OT.

--Ken
Proximo

Posted by cj:

Now that is funny. LOL
cj

Posted: Oct 03, 2009
Posted by replytoken:
Posted by cj:

Funny, I felt that way when I was reading how one has to use Dial2do. I did not realize that leaving a simple message required a number of steps. Its probably not a big deal, just like setting up Google Voice and Mail with TD, but I am glad we have choices that work well for us.

Regarding Mr. Goldberg's "latest designs", I would have to reserve that special honor for some other hardware and software manufacturers. Most of the time setting up Google's products does not even come close to the contraptions needed to get some equipment to work right, but I will not name names and take this thread OT.

--Ken

If you have to do anything more than 1 step to use dial2do with toodledo, then you are doing something wrong. The "setup" is merely to enter your toodledo account ID to Dial2do.

From then on, when calling dial2do you say

"Toodledo"

and then recite your task.

pretty straightforward if you ask me.
replytoken

Posted: Oct 04, 2009
CJ,

Actually I am aware that their service is not complicated. I was just poking fun at their description (i.e. "asking three questions") which sounds a bit like my description of how to set up Google Voice:

"How does it work?
When you dial we ask you two or three questions like "Do what?", "To who?". You say what you want and then we'll look after the rest. We recognise what you said and look after getting your action carried out."

Explaining actions in writing sometimes makes them sound more complicated than they really are.

--Ken
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.