ForumsTips & TricksGoogle Hosted Apps Calendar Instructions Incorrect

Google Hosted Apps Calendar Instructions Incorrect
peaston

Posted: Oct 17, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Your instructions for adding Toodledo to your GHA's calendar are incorrect. I'm referring to the following page:

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=41

Following these instructions do not work.

But if you go to settings and "labs" at your Google Calendar, you can enable the labs setting "add gadget by URL", using the same URL that you use to add Toggle to Gmail will add the gadget to your GHA calendar.

Unfortunately, unlike GMail, you can't reorder your gadgets, so Toodledo will be added to the bottom of the right-side column.
Anders

Posted: Oct 17, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I would imagine there should still be some way to add the Toodledo Gcal gadget properly to a Google Apps account, but I don't use one so I'm not sure. The actual Gcal gadget does not appear as a gadget in the sidebar like the Gmail gadget, etc. Instead it is conveniently accessible from the corner of any day in the calendar, similar to how Google's weather calendar gadget works.

Also, just in case this interests you, I recently started using a Firefox addon called "Integrated Gmail" that allows you to collapse the inbox and have your Google Calendar, and any other Google services below in additional collapsible windows. You can also have any other page added by URL. So, on my Gmail page, I have my regular gmail, but I can collapse it into a single bar, and below it is my calendar and then the full Toodledo site showing my task list. It is really pretty cool, and it works with Google Apps (I don't know if hosted accounts work differently from that).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.