ForumsTips & TricksAnother Simple Theme

Another Simple Theme
Vin Thomas

Posted: Dec 12, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I have made a few tweaks to one of my previous userscripts. I made enough changes that I think it can be it's own thing. Let me know what you think.

Preview:

You can download the script here: http://bit.ly/toodledoish

Works well in multi-line and grid format.

This message was edited Dec 12, 2009.
PeterW 

Posted: Dec 14, 2009
I've admired your work but never tried it out because the talk of installing "scripts" worried me a little - I am just not that technical!

I finally went ahead and installed the FireFox addins this morning and then the script for the theme above and it looks great! I especially like the colored text. Thanks heaps for your work on this.

One question though - how would I try out a different theme... i.e. how do I disable the theme I've just installed if I want to try another?

Regards,
Peter.
Vin Thomas

Are you using Stylish or Greasemonkey.

If you're using stylish, there is a little "S" in the bottom right of the screen. You can enable/disable scripts from there.

If you're using GreaseMonkey it is "Tools > Greasemonkey > Manage Scripts".

Glad you find it useful!
PeterW 

Hi Vin,

I am using "Stylish". I hadn't noticed the "S" in the corner before now so thanks for that!

Regards,
Peter.
PeterW 

Posted: Dec 15, 2009
Hey Vin,

I have a small suggestion to improve this script.

On the "Recently Completed" tab, the due date field is displaying with a red highlight the same as it would for incomplete tasks that are overdue. Would it be possible to make it so that this highlight is not used for completed tasks?

Thanks,
Peter.
Kore7

Hey Vin. This script looks awesome. I would use it immediately except for one thing: It squishes the text of all tasks into the left-most 10% of the task area, leaving 90% blank space to the right and making my list hundreds of lines long. Does anyone else see this?

Thanks,
Jason
PeterW 

Jason - that's weird... mine is working perfectly.
Vin Thomas

Jason,

I don't get that with mine. Can you show us a screenshot? You can email it to vin-at-vintom.com if you want.

As far as PeterW's issue, I have updated the script. You can update within stylish by clicking the update button next to the script.

Vin
Vin Thomas

Jason, are you using multi-line or grid?
Vin Thomas

I think I found the issue. If you were using multi-line it was looking funny.

Should work ok now. Update your script.

http://userstyles.org/styles/23243
Kore7

Posted: Dec 17, 2009
Wow, Vin, that was it! Thanks for the quick response.

There's one minor detail I notice now. On the Context and the Status pages, there is a one-pixel wide white space to the right of the selected tab. It only goes part way across though:

Know why this is?

Jason
Vin Thomas

Posted by stetten:
Wow, Vin, that was it! Thanks for the quick response.

There's one minor detail I notice now. On the Context and the Status pages, there is a one-pixel wide white space to the right of the selected tab. It only goes part way across though:

Know why this is?

Jason

It looks like that is only when the "more tabs" button is active. I will take a look and see what I can come up with.
Vin Thomas

This has been fixed. Update your script.
Kore7

You're the man! :)
jlaker

Posted: Dec 23, 2009
Awesome...Nice job!
Vin Thomas

Posted: Dec 23, 2009
@stetten, @jlaker

Glad you like it!
Ben

Posted: Jan 13, 2010
Vin, this theme rocks!! THANK YOU!
Vin Thomas

Posted: Jan 13, 2010
Thank you! Glad you find it useful!
a+a

Posted: Jan 15, 2010
I was using toodlethings and then noticed this one. WOW. Great job on the minimal design! Toodlethings was somewhat slow, but this is just fantastic.
One thing I noticed are the colors of priorities. IMHO, the current color scheme is not that appropriate. I mean, negative should be gray, low(0) should be normal, medium(1) should be green, high(2) should be blue, and top(3) should be red. Right now I keep looking at the medium tasks because of the red; just like you are using red to focus overdue dates.
Anyway, great great theme. Using it right now.
Thanks a lot!

any chance of developing a dark theme based on this?

*EDIT*
Sorry... just found the other topic on the color of priorities. If this can be done within the coding of the style, then awesome, if this is part of toodledo, I guess I'll have to get used to it.

This message was edited Jan 15, 2010.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Jan 15, 2010
Great suggestion. I guess I always thought of Green for GO! But your way actually makes more sense.

I have updated the script and it can be downloaded here: http://bit.ly/toodledoish

PS. I couldn't make negative priority gray because there is not a unique class applied to that element from Toodledo.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.