ForumsTips & TricksPermanent Link => Focus on Single Projects

Permanent Link => Focus on Single Projects
mco

Posted: Jan 09, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
The new permanent link feature allows me to focus on a project and its subtasks in 3 clicks:
click the permalink, click to expand subtasks, then click to show "items hidden because of search". This is great, and will really make subtasks workable for me.
Proximo

Posted: Jan 13, 2010
I have yet to use the new permanent link feature but it sounds like it can be used in many useful ways.

Question:

When you say that you first click the permalink, where do you do this? From an email, from inside Toodledo, etc.

Not sure if you created a shortcut to the link as an icon on the desktop.

Just needed clarification of the first click.
lite1

Posted: Jan 16, 2010
Proximo I have not used it yet. Hope the following helps.

Toodledo wrote 7 days ago the following in News forum:

Two additions today.

1) It is now possible to email a task to someone from the website. Hover your mouse over the checkbox for any task and select the "Email task..." link. This will open a pre-formatted email in your preferred email program.

2) Adjacent to this you'll see the new "Permanent Link" link. This is a way to get a URL that links directly to a specific task. From now on, email reminders sent from the website will contain this permanent link so that you can quickly get to the task from an email.

Enjoy!

===========
P.S. I just used the "Permanent Link" and then bookmarked the subsequent view and labeled the BM appropriately. Will play around with other ways that I might use this. It seems that it would be useful in delegating a project to someone as well.

This message was edited Jan 16, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.