ForumsTips & TricksEvernote integration

Evernote integration
davidholliday

Posted: Jan 10, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
For my projects, I tend to have a lot of supporting information and I store this in Evernote. I really want to be able to find this from my project notes in Toodledo so I was pleased when I saw the thread started by big_KC about using Tarpipe to set up a Toodledo/Evernote workflow. http://bit.ly/4OgPI8

Tarpipe (as big_KC mentioned) is very frustrating - it seemed to work for a while then parts of my workflow stopped working and now doesn't work at all. It only worked properly for about 5 minutes.

So as an alternative I've been trying to just open documents in the Evernote web version, copy the URL, shorten it and add to my project notes in Toodledo.

This seems to work perfectly when using my desktop - the link just opens the Evernote website and goes right to the document.

Seems to work on the iPhone as well. The first document I tried was a PDF which opened perfectly. Trying to access a text note in Evernote gave an error message that the browser isn't compatible - closing the error, the note displayed fine.

I'm going to try this for a while to see if it is a usable way to keep track of my project material without having to go and search through Evernote.

Still hoping to see real Evernote integration in a future update though!
javierplumey

Posted: Jan 11, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I've been doing the same thing as well, having followed the same thread and attempting to use Tarpipe. I had the same experience. Tarpipe was temperamental, at best.

I didn't think to shorten the URL, but that's a good idea. Are you using bit.ly for that as well?

I thought about doing some kind of fancy Greasemonkey script that would generate some kind of JS to let me create a new Evernote note right within the TD window, but I didn't get very far. I am also looking for a tighter integration with Evernote. I hope it's on someone at TD's own To Do list!
Quang

Posted: Jan 12, 2010
Hey Cool, nice advice.

I too use the two headed monster for everything. Toodledo and Evernote. Haven't yet tried any integration though.
Proximo

Posted: Jan 13, 2010
Great Idea davidholliday,

Thanks for sharing. I use Evernote to capture just about anything and I use it as my Reference system for GTD.

This will be great for me to implement as you described.
mossman4x4

Posted: Jan 14, 2010
I've been using Toodledo for only about a week now but it seems like I've found my Holy Grail for GTD. I'm experimenting with EverNote as well and it's becoming obvious to me that if Toodledo had a NOTE feature with the power of EverNote it would truly be the most amazing GTD app I've found.
mike.barrett

Posted: Jan 14, 2010
I used Nozbe for a while just for the Evernote integration, it automatically adds a list of Evernote items to your folder using tags to make the connection. So for example my Finance folder would automatically contain a list of Evernote items with the Finance tag.

Sadly, Nozbe didn't work that well for me as their iPhone app is not very sophisticated. If Toodledo could do something similar, it would indeed be the holy grail!

This message was edited Jan 14, 2010.
blurgen

Posted: Apr 15, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
Are the ToodleDo admins aware of this often asked question and therefore great opportunity?

This message was edited Apr 15, 2010.
Andrew A

Posted: Apr 15, 2010
Well, that's another way to encourage people to go full super duper pro... I probably would have further upgraded my account, but the caveat that files of the same name would clobber each other was a show stopper for me. Either a few lines of PHP code and an extra column in the DB or Evernote would cure that.
ralph.kurz

Posted: Sep 05, 2010
Hey guys,

I just wrote a Greasemonkey Script to connect Toodledo with Evernote, Google Docs, Google Mail and Office Live.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/85443
Andrew A

Posted: Sep 07, 2010
Look forward to playing with that...
AJD

Posted: Sep 17, 2010
Man - so close. Reading all of these posts I am struggling with the same issue. Somebody PULEEZ make the connection to Evernote from Toodledo and then I could sleep at night!!

Also, for anyone interested, I have had great success using 2Do as my iPhone app integrated with ToodleDo - much nicer and interactive interface that maps nicely. Now if I can just make the connection back to Evernote for docs, it will be all groovy.
Aaron

Posted: Sep 29, 2010
I agree ...... please please please ... oh wise and worthy toodledo dev guys/gals ... evernote integration ??
ralph.kurz

Posted: Sep 30, 2010
Hey,

how should an integration work for you?
JCLATWORK

Posted: Sep 30, 2010
Posted by ralph.kurz:
Hey,

how should an integration work for you?

I am wondering the same thing about what people really mean by Evernote integration. I am using Ralph's script and love it (though I use it mostly for GMail integration along with the Toodledo Firefox add-on).

From some of the descriptions here, it seems that integration means auto-connecting tasks to notes through tags, so Toodledo is constantly watching one's Evernote and attaching a note to a task (or folder) by tag. Is that right?

Right now I use Ralph's script to see when I have en Evernote note that is reference material or text/an image I need when I complete the task. It works great.

BTW, Ralph -- vielen Dank!
will.sargent

Posted: Oct 04, 2010
You already can do Evernote integration: I have evernote scripts here:

http://github.com/wsargent/evernote-import

and they can be used in conjunction with the Ruby client to integrate with Toodledo.
mavlach

Posted: Oct 21, 2010
Posted by will.sargent:
You already can do Evernote integration: I have evernote scripts here:

and they can be used in conjunction with the Ruby client to integrate with Toodledo.

Hi Will.

I have no idea what to do with this. Do you have install/config instructions? It looks like I need Ruby installed, but where should it go? (local machine, on my own web server etc.)

Thanks
Mark
FW

Posted: Oct 30, 2010
Posted by ralph.kurz:
Hey guys,

I just wrote a Greasemonkey Script to connect Toodledo with Evernote, Google Docs, Google Mail and Office Live.

Hey Ralph,

great script. But: If I add 1+ links to Gmail, Evernote, [...] the script can not handle it. It only detects the first linked website (for example Evernote) and if I click on the shown symbol it tries to reroute me to all the added links in one link.

Can you fix that? I really like the functionality!

BG FW
ralph.kurz

Posted: Dec 18, 2010
Hey FW,

I'll try to fix that.
Thanks for this!

Ralph
bluesgeek

Posted: Dec 30, 2010
ralph.kurz

Posted: Jan 03, 2011
Posted by FW:
Posted by ralph.kurz:
Hey guys,

Hey Ralph,

great script. But: If I add 1+ links to Gmail, Evernote, [...] the script can not handle it. It only detects the first linked website (for example Evernote) and if I click on the shown symbol it tries to reroute me to all the added links in one link.

Can you fix that? I really like the functionality!

BG FW

Hey FW,

i just fixed that and made some improvements.

BG Ralph
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.