ForumsTips & TricksFirefox Add-on: Hide Future Tasks

Firefox Add-on: Hide Future Tasks
kiwi.enzed

Posted: Aug 26, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
The main reason I like Toodledo over all other To Do lists I have encountered (apart from the one I wrote 20 years ago) is the availability of a Start Date. This means tasks don't clutter up my list until I can deal with them. This is a wonderful feature.

Could we please have this feature in the Firefox add-on as well. Perhaps some kind of global filtering feature that applies no matter which way the user navigates down the tree in the add-on. This will make this tool perfect (it's almost there now).

I really like being able to use the side-bar, and not have to have a tab open on the Toodledo web site.
lwbates

Posted: Aug 27, 2008
Actually, you can get a start date in the Firefox add-on (not sure about the global filter) by clicking on Tools ==> Toodledo ==> Settings and then adding Start Date. I've started using start dates for the same reason.

This message was edited Aug 27, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 27, 2008
I think what you mean is in the Firefox add-on sidebar. We are working on this.
kiwi.enzed

Posted: Aug 28, 2008
Toodledo: Yes, I did mean the Firefox add-on sidebar. Great to know you're working on this enhancement. Can't wait. Great product.

Iwbates: I wasn't asking about entering a Start Date. What I'm looking for is a way to filter the list of tasks to exclude tasks that have a future start date, i.e., tasks I cannot start yet. This is possible on the Toodledo web page view, but not in the Firefox sidebar.
Matt

Posted: Sep 17, 2008
That is good news. I, too, am interested in hiding future tasks in the firefox plugin. Also, I think it would be great if we could sort by importance in the plugin just like the main view on the website default list. It appears that tasks are sorted by priority by default (I could be wrong).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.