ForumsTips & TricksBlackberry Auto Text ?

Blackberry Auto Text ?
Jeremy

Posted: Mar 19, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Is anyone using auto text on a blackberry to quickly add tasks to Toodledo?

I use a very basic input, but I would like to find a more efficient way to add tasks on the run.
korbas

Posted: Mar 19, 2008
Posted by Jeremy:
Is anyone using auto text on a blackberry to quickly add tasks to Toodledo?

I use a very basic input, but I would like to find a more efficient way to add tasks on the run.

The best way I've found is to use Jott. Check out the thread below on "Jott interoperability" for some more information. It really works, it's fast, and you can do it while driving. Once you get used to a few quirks, it's great.

Twitter is also useful for adding while in meetings or a quiet area. I haven't used it much yet, but I'm going to get more into it soon.
eric.shotwell_1418060616

Posted: Apr 07, 2008
Yes, in fact I do use autotext to do it. Just started doing this last week on my own, and then discovered this thread tonight. I created an entry called Newtodo that says:

Change !!! @@Calls #today *work

Then I just change the word "change" to the actual text of the task, and it files it in my Work folder, with today's due date, and in the @Calls context.
J-Mac

Posted: May 05, 2008
Posted by eric.shotwell:
Yes, in fact I do use autotext to do it. Just started doing this last week on my own, and then discovered this thread tonight. I created an entry called Newtodo that says:

Change !!! @@Calls #today *work

Then I just change the word "change" to the actual text of the task, and it files it in my Work folder, with today's due date, and in the @Calls context.

Nice idea! I hadn't seen this earlier for some reason. Autotext on the BB Browser drives me crazy in general. It doesn't work quite often in certain fields in the browser.

Thanks again.

Jim
hong

Posted: Mar 05, 2009
I used pretty much same way as eric used. Except use tttt for the syntax!!! @Calls #today *work
TaskJot

Posted: Aug 06, 2009
TaskJot is a GTD todo app made for Blackberry featuring sync to Toodledo. It was just released August 1.

Its a separate app on the Blackberry but it does give you most features of Toodledo.

Check it out at www.taskjot.com.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.