ForumsTips & TricksGreasemonkey script to edit multiple tasks

Greasemonkey script to edit multiple tasks
johnwin

Posted: Sep 12, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
As others have said this is a great script and adds enormously to the functionality of the website.

Could the script be modified to allow multiple edits of tags?

For example:

Select: With no tag | With tag x |
Edit: Add tag x
Linden

Score: 1 Reference
Very good suggestion John. It would be nice to be able to update the tags on multiple tasks at once.
papagayo

Added feature to select tasks by tag value (or no tag).

Added feature to change tag value for selected tags. (keep in mind, whatever you enter for tag value will overwrite existing tags).

Please let me know how it works.
Linden

Posted by papagayo:
Added feature to change tag value for selected tags. (keep in mind, whatever you enter for tag value will overwrite existing tags).

Yikes. Is there any way you can populate the field with the existing tags so data won't be overridden?
papagayo

Posted by Linden:
Yikes. Is there any way you can populate the field with the existing tags so data won't be overridden?

Yes, just changed this to include links for "Replace Tags" and "Add Tag"

"Replace Tags" will overwrite, while "Add Tag" will add a tag to existing tags.
papagayo

Posted: Sep 13, 2010
New Feature!: Now save your preferences from the ToodleDo page!

You decide which links you want to see and which you don't.

Click "MultiEdit Preferences" to set your preferences

Other options include:
--Whether or not to refresh the screen after certain actions (to re-sort tasks)
--How long messages appear at the top of the screen
--Whether or not to show the "Starred Saved-Search" tab (and set the ID of that saved-search)
--Whether or not to override the default ToodleDo keyboard shortcuts with MultiEdit shortcuts

This message was edited Sep 13, 2010.
papagayo

Posted: Sep 14, 2010
Posted by Linden:
Follow up. The pro account allows sub-tasks and these don't have a check box when indented.

I just uploaded a new version that should handle subtasks. Please take a look, try it out and let me know how it works. My PRO account trial ends on 9/21, so please post any problems by then.
zhangc2012

Posted: Sep 15, 2010
great, very convenient! thanks!

One thing is a little strange:
Multi-line format,
Before selected:
⃞.⊳ TASK AAAAAAA

After selected:
⊳.⊠ TASK AAAAAAA

After you un-select the item:
⊳.⃞ TASK AAAAAAA

So you can see the two icons' position have been changed. and can not change back again.

This message was edited Sep 15, 2010.
papagayo

Posted: Sep 16, 2010
Posted by zhangc2012:
great, very convenient! thanks!

One thing is a little strange:
Multi-line format,
Before selected:
⃞.⊳ TASK AAAAAAA

After selected:
⊳.⊠ TASK AAAAAAA

After you un-select the item:
⊳.⃞ TASK AAAAAAA

So you can see the two icons' position have been changed. and can not change back again.

Thanks for pointing that out. I uploaded a new version which should fix this error. Please take a look at let me know how it works for you. http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/85745

Glad you enjoy the script. Please keep any suggestions coming!

This message was edited Sep 16, 2010.
JCLATWORK

Posted: Sep 30, 2010
I have just started experimenting with the script and have found it very helpful already.

One question:

My Default View is a search, so every time I log in, I see the full "edit multiple tasks" dialog since installing this script. Is there any way around that? I am assuming this is because of some call the script is making (spoken like a true code layman).

Thanks very much for the capabilities, though.
papagayo

Posted: Sep 30, 2010
If you have the latest version (uploaded Sep 25, 2010), then the script should remember the last state of the dialog (visible or hidden). If you click anywhere in the dialog that is not a link (or press 'e', or click "Toggle Select/Edit Links"), the dialog should disappear. Then, when reloading the page, the dialog should no longer appear until you tell the script to show it.

I did an admittedly rudimentary amount of testing on this little "feature". Could you make sure you have the latest version, and try this out? Please post if it's not working, so I can take a look.

Thanks.

This message was edited Sep 30, 2010.
JCLATWORK

Posted: Oct 07, 2010
I do have the latest version (or did--I uninstalled it).

The dialog I mean is the Toodledo dialog that one sees when using the built-in multi-edit. Every time I load my search (my default view), the "Edit Multiple Tasks" pane appears and I have to close it by clicking on "Cancel Edit" before I can get on with my work. It's a small annoyance, but a consistent one. The dialog from your script behaved, but the default one did not. It's probably my fault for using a search as my default view.

Thanks, though.
Technocrap

Posted: Oct 25, 2010
An error pop-up on every task page when I use the script in Firefox 4,:
"TypeError: this.range is undefined"

When clicking the forum for the first time I get : "TypeError: $ is not a function"

The forum one was also present in FireFox 3.6

This message was edited Oct 25, 2010.
piyush_soni

Posted: Oct 26, 2010
Edit the script, and replace all window.wrappedJSObject with 'unsafeWindow' (which is anyway a short hand of wrappedJSObject, but works in FF 4.0 with the FF 4 port of GreaseMonkey.). Mine is working fine after the change. I also think when the official Greasemonkey release comes out with the Release Candidate of Firefox 4.0, this problem will be automatically solved.

I don't remember getting the forum error. Will verify again probably.
Technocrap

Posted: Oct 26, 2010
Thanks a lot, I'm eager to read your code and understand how you do all that.
piyush_soni

Posted: Oct 27, 2010
This script wasn't written by me. (You might be confused because of the ToodleDo Search Tab Counts script I wrote and talked about in another thread). This one is written by papagayo who has done a really commendable job in writing it.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2010.
papagayo

Posted: Nov 01, 2010
Whoa, sorry, I've been absent for a while. Unfortunately, I've had a lot of outside responsibilities lately, and not much time to keep up here. But I will try to make more of an effort.

I've done a global replace of "window.wrappedJSObject" and "unsafeWindow" with "jsobj" (which is my placeholder for the 'currently functioning window object', currently pointing to "unsafeWindow"). I hope this makes a difference.

Please post any problems or ideas for improvement. I will try my best to answer all posts.

And many thanks to piyush_soni for answering questions in my absence. He's been a great contributor thus far.

This message was edited Nov 01, 2010.
curtisalderson

Posted: Nov 23, 2010
I love the idea of this script, but I don't think it's working for me. I get the error,

"TypeError: undefined is not a function"

I was using some style scripts but have disabled and refreshed site several times.

I'm using Chrome with the Blank Canvas Script Script Handler extension, which has worked wonderfully for all my greasemonkey/user scripts thus far.

Any Ideas?

This message was edited Nov 23, 2010.
piyush_soni

Posted: Nov 23, 2010
That script doesn't work in Chrome. Switch to Firefox (recommended :) ) or pester the script's author papagayo for Chrome support(If enough people want that, he might try).

By the way, on occassions I have found the chrome extension TamperMonkey to be much better than Blank Canvas. Haven't tried that for this script( and am not keen to) but you can give that a try as well.

This message was edited Nov 23, 2010.
papagayo

Posted: Nov 27, 2010
I just put in a few hours trying to make this script work in Chrome, only to find out that Chrome doesn't support "unsafeWindow" (you can't access the javascript environment of the content page). Unless someone knows of a workaround, I can't get this page to work in Chrome.

See the following for more info: http://code.google.com/chrome/extensions/content_scripts.html#execution-environment

If anyone figures out how to do this, please let me know. Otherwise, chrome support is a no-go.

This message was edited Nov 27, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.