ForumsTips & TricksGreasemonkey script to edit multiple tasks

Greasemonkey script to edit multiple tasks
piyush_soni

Posted: Nov 27, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
For chrome, you can inject your script in the page instead of calling through the unsafeWindow.

testFunc = function()
{
//Write ALL your code here.
};

document.body.appendChild(document.createElement("script")).innerHTML = "("+testFunc+")()";

All the methods written and called from testFunc will be executed from page scope, hence allowing you to directly call ToodleDo's script functions without a problem. But keep in mind that GM_setValue and getValue won't work from Page scope. They have to be called from outside of this function.

Second way (might be easier to transform the current script using this) is to use what they call the Location hack
papagayo

Posted: Dec 22, 2010
New version uploaded today adds Clone Task ability! Sorry for the wait, but I didn't really have a chance to get to this until now. Please take a look and let me know if you see any problems.
papagayo

Posted: Dec 23, 2010
Updated 12/23/2010:

* Added Delete Multiple Tasks!
* Cleaned up default behavior of floating links.
* Removed Starred Search Tab (relic of days gone by...)

This message was edited Dec 23, 2010.
V for Vendetta

Posted: Jan 03, 2011
Anyway of getting this script for Opera or as an Opera extention? Pleeeease ;)

This message was edited Jan 03, 2011.
papagayo

Posted: Jan 05, 2011
I'm very reluctant to start supporting other browsers. Inevitably, you change code to fix an issue on Browser A, which then breaks something on Browser B. Then you have to hunt down and fix the issue on Browser B, which might break something else on Browser A or Browser C. It makes things much more complicated, and means testing becomes a lot harder.

But, I will look into it. Have you tried installing this script on Opera? Did you get any error messages? What functionality worked/didn't work?
Catherine

Posted: Feb 04, 2011
I have just started using TD again and within a day found your userscript - brilliant work! This should be built in.

Feature Request if possible: assigning folder or context (and as a lesser priority, goal).

This message was edited Feb 04, 2011.
Rob C.

Posted: Mar 07, 2011
any way to do a mass folder change? move all tasks from one folder into another?

Thanks,

Rob
papagayo

Posted: Mar 19, 2011
Good ideas. I will work on implementing folder (including bulk change folder), context and goal.

Please keep the feedback coming! And sorry for the delays.
jcaserta

Posted: Apr 19, 2011
Man, this is so awesome but I wish so much that it worked with indented subtasks. I think every time I indent the subtasks it breaks the script too (all the checkboxes disappear, even on non-subtasks), is that consistent with what happens with other people too? I have to hit F5, and then the checkboxes come back and all the subtasks disappear.

If I send you $15 for you to get a year of pro account can you try and get that working? At least make it so it doesn't break, and ideally allows you to select subtasks as though they were regular tasks?

This message was edited Apr 19, 2011.
papagayo

Posted: Apr 25, 2011
Let me take a look. I already bought a pro account, but I appreciate the offer. I can get around to this tomorrow night.
papagayo

Posted: Apr 28, 2011
I uploaded a new version which fixes the checkboxes for subtasks, as well as incorporating the patch written by that0n3guy to support Set Start Date.

I'll look into folder, context and goal as soon as I can!
John Day

Posted: Aug 07, 2011
i just wanna say a thousand thank you's cuz you add value to Toodledo and my life!
John Day

Posted: Aug 07, 2011
Posted by robclif4d:
any way to do a mass folder change? move all tasks from one folder into another?

Thanks,

Rob

I second this!
PhilipGilman

Posted: Aug 11, 2011
Hi -- love it so (new user of TDO, just found ME today: Awesome!)

When I switch from Tasks to Notebook I get:

TypeError: $$ [two dollar signs] is not a function

But, anyway, I don't know what to do with Notebooks anyway and haven't used them much (just playing with adding "Pages", etc.)
Linden

Posted: Dec 21, 2011
Posted by papagayo:
I'll look into folder, context and goal as soon as I can!

Another feature request. Could you add an option to deselect all boxes after an action is performed. I frequently find that I forget to deselect a box and the action I take gets applies to tasks that I didn't intend.

I realize that some people may not like this behavior so could it be an optional feature?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.