ForumsTips & Tricksreqall

reqall
davidpalady

Posted: Nov 19, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I'm posting a usefull setup in the hopes of helping others.

I use reqall.com for converting voicemails to emails. It is similar, but better than jott.

I then setup my Gmail account to forward all emails from reqall to my secret toodledo import email address.

Doing this allows me to automatically add a task by phone, very helpfull

This message was edited Nov 20, 2008.
sventhebrit

Posted: Nov 19, 2008
I 2nd that - reqall is a useful tool for adding tasks to Toodledo. You simply register with the site (www.reqall.com), add your phone number. Once this is done, you can call the access number and it know who you are through Caller Id. Follow the prompts (you simply say Add) and speak after the beep. Hey presto, 10-15 mins later, what you said is converted to text and you get an email. Forwarding you gmail account is an excellent idea as all the tasks then appear directly in Toodledo.

Worth checking out.
Steve
rleseberg

Posted: Nov 24, 2008
How do you convert voicemail to text with ReQall? i have both Jott and requall.
aschuchm

Thanks for the tip. As a brand new toodledo user I hope you won't take offense at some follow up questions. I too use reqall on my iPhone and love it - prefer it to Jott.

What is or where do I find my secret import email address?

Thanks. Looking forward to using your tip!
aschuchm

Posted by aschuchm:
Thanks for the tip. As a brand new toodledo user I hope you won't take offense at some follow up questions. I too use reqall on my iPhone and love it - prefer it to Jott.

What is or where do I find my secret import email address?

Thanks. Looking forward to using your tip!

Never mind. I found out how to do it so I will set it up now! Thanks again.
sventhebrit

Posted: Nov 25, 2008
Hi There,

Note to REQALL Users using the Toodledo App on the iPhone.

I used the suggested tip and had my gmail forward the reqall email to the Toodledo Import email address. It all works fine, but when you try to open the task in the Toodledo iPhobe app it becomes very unresponsive because it appears to copy the contents of the WAV file to the notes field (ie. The notes field becomes very large).

I have emailed Reqall about having the option to not send the WAV file - this is something they hope to implement soon.

Regards
Steve

PS. The WAV file is the audio of the message when you call REQALL
davidpalady

Posted: Nov 30, 2008
If I open the note on a REQALL'ed task, it is very large as the WAV file is converted to text, but it doesn't slow my computer down in any way
sventhebrit

Posted: Nov 30, 2008
David,

My Computer is OK to (probably just more memory(, it just seems to affect the iPhone App.

What is strange is that - If I reforward the REQALL'ed task from gmail to my Toodledo Import address, the WAV file is omitted -- in fact, there are no notes at all (this causes a slghtly different issue because the subject line is normally only the first ~100 characters of the task).

The 'Large Notes' field only occurs during an autoforward (filter) on gmail. Not sure if this is a gmail or Toodledo blip. I guess if REQALL enabled us to select if we wanted the WAV file to be sent then we wouldn't see this issue.

Jake (Toodledo) -- If you want me to replicate the issue, then please let me know and I will create a task -- Autoforwarded and then manually forward the same task -- and drop you an email with the details

Regards
Steve
tryonh

Posted: Dec 14, 2008
Posted by rleseberg:
How do you convert voicemail to text with ReQall? i have both Jott and requall.

ReQall automatically sends a "confirmation" email to the account you specify so that you can ensure the transcription was correct.
wilso092

Posted: Apr 08, 2009
For anyone using reqall and Toodledo: How do you get the subject line in your email to Toodledo to come out correct? When I forward from reQall to Gmail to Toodledo, I don't get the task in the subject line but a generic statement from reQall. This isn't particularly useful, so far as I can see.

Best
hong

Posted: Apr 15, 2009
I use Dia2do, it has the similar function as requall, works well for me
Jeremy

I use Dial2do and It works great.
Vin Thomas

Another vote for Dial2Do. Works awesome!
brs

Posted: Apr 16, 2009
Score: -1 Reference
Does anyone know how to use the toodledo syntax with dial2do? I can call in a msg that gets transcribed and added to toodledo as:

Find out about getting my iPhone repaired. @computer

or

.... *home

But toodledo isn't recognizing that @computer means that is the context, *home means that is the folder etc.

thx -- Barbara
Jeremy

Posted: Apr 21, 2009
@brs

Dial2Do does not support anything but the task. Its a nice "mind dump" tool into any inbox. I have a "No Context" seach set up that pulls up all "inbox" items so that I can decide what needs to be done with them in true GTD fashion. So the workflow is

Think of something -> Use Dial2Do -> Sent to Toodledo -> End of day review -> Run Saved Search (Toodledo) -> Process inbox...

The real benefit of dial2do is the accurate transcription and that its free.

Hope that helps.

This message was edited Apr 21, 2009.
gotkd21

Posted: May 28, 2009
Posted by wilso092:
For anyone using reqall and Toodledo: How do you get the subject line in your email to Toodledo to come out correct? When I forward from reQall to Gmail to Toodledo, I don't get the task in the subject line but a generic statement from reQall. This isn't particularly useful, so far as I can see.

Best

I'm similar setup, but I eliminate the gmail step altogether. I've setup reQuall to send direct to toodledo. Works like a champ.
manderson

Posted: Jul 18, 2009
Any update on this. I just use a filter in my gmail to send to my toodledo account. It's not great, but it works. I tried jott's integration as well. In the end I think ReQall is a better voice to text app.

I wish reQall and toodledo would work together, as reQall has time based tasking and Jott does not. ReQall could set due time/dates.

I'm looking for tasking utopia.
techytom

Posted: Aug 07, 2009
Posted by gotkd21:
Posted by wilso092:

Best

I'm similar setup, but I eliminate the gmail step altogether. I've setup reQuall to send direct to toodledo. Works like a champ.

Would you mind explaining how you integrate your PC/Mac with this program, and then how you would back it up.

Thanks!

Margie
ssl2468

Posted: Aug 14, 2009
Posted by sventhebrit:
David,

What is strange is that - If I reforward the REQALL'ed task from gmail to my Toodledo Import address, the WAV file is omitted -- in fact, there are no notes at all (this causes a slghtly different issue because the subject line is normally only the first ~100 characters of the task).

The 'Large Notes' field only occurs during an autoforward (filter) on gmail. Not sure if this is a gmail or Toodledo blip. I guess if REQALL enabled us to select if we wanted the WAV file to be sent then we wouldn't see this issue.

Jake (Toodledo) -- If you want me to replicate the issue, then please let me know and I will create a task -- Autoforwarded and then manually forward the same task -- and drop you an email with the details

Regards
Steve

I have the exact same problem. I currently have Reqall set to email all dictated messages to my Gmail address. I then have a Gmail filter set to forward any messages "from:([email protected]) subject:(Added:)" to ToodleDo. When it autoforwards like this, the first few words of my dictated task appear in the subject line -- per Reqall's custom. That admittedly is usually all I need, but the text of the email (i.e., with the full transcription) gets dropped.

If I do a manual forward -- i.e., in Gmail, I manually forward the Reqall email to ToodleDo -- the full text DOES appear.

Anybody have any clue how to get the full message text included in autoforwarded Reqall -> Gmail -> ToodleDo emails?

Thanks!
ssl2468

Posted: Aug 14, 2009
Addendum: I tried gotkd21's suggestion of sending directly from Reqall to ToodleDo, but the message text gets dropped from that as well. So it sounds like it's not a Gmail problem?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.