ForumsTips & TricksNag?

Nag?
jonathanbloom

Posted: Jan 21, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Is it possible to get ToodleDo tro nag me every minute or every hour until I postpone or complete my task?

Due app for iPhone does this and it really helped me keep on top of things.
Purveyor

Sorry, this isn't available with Toodledo.
The reminder is triggered only once for each instance of a task. You would need to edit the reminder if you want another one in, say, an hour.
piyush_soni

I guess making the task 'Optionally due' for the first time and setting it to repeat (like every hour) with a reminder set will continuously nag you, and not leave a trace of a whole lot of those tasks either, until you delete the task or set it to non-repeating. Haven't tested it though.

This message was edited Jan 21, 2011.
Purveyor

There is no option to repeat a task hourly.
piyush_soni

Posted: Jan 22, 2011
Aah ! Really !

@ToodleDo,
I guess it will be an extremely simple change if you wanted to. That makes me think you somehow believe people won't have any reasonable task which can repeat every hour? Is it the case?
Salgud

Posted: Jan 24, 2011
Posted by piyush_soni:
Aah ! Really !

@ToodleDo,
I guess it will be an extremely simple change if you wanted to. That makes me think you somehow believe people won't have any reasonable task which can repeat every hour? Is it the case?

I doubt very much they believe anything of the kind. My guess is that their list of enhancements is very, very long, that they have limited resources, and that they have to prioritize, based on many, many factors, one of which is requests from thes forums.

For me, it's a very dangerous trap to assume what others believe. I'm almost invariably wrong. YMMV.
piyush_soni

Posted: Jan 24, 2011
Yes, I know that they have a big to-do list and limited resources, but I asked was this deliberately left out because if they wanted to implement, it would take almost zero additional time to add an 'hourly' when they were adding daily, weekly and monthly etc (including the functionality).

May be it was left for rate limiting reasons?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.