ForumsTime ManagementTimeline Possible?

Timeline Possible?
J-Mac

Posted: Apr 13, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
Probably belongs in Feature Requests, so move this if necessary.

Any chance of adding a timeline view sometime in the future? Allow a user to look at a timeline for a period and see where their tasks fall.

Thanks!

Jim
barfarf

Posted: Apr 15, 2008
Score: -1 Reference
Ditto. anything that help you visulize is a good thing in my book.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 15, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
luke

Posted: Dec 09, 2008
I think this is a great suggestion. I'd love to get an idea of where time goes by folder, context, goal etc...
Jeremy

Posted: Dec 10, 2008
I like it as well. Let's get all edward tufte on our tasks and history.

http://www.edwardtufte.com/
Qrystal

Posted: Dec 10, 2008
If you're up for trying another tool for this, instead of hoping Toodledo will exceed its specifications, I found a beauty of a timeline-type tracker that has really been inspiring me to keep my priorities straight. It's called BubbleTimer: http://bubbletimer.com

It's only free for 14 days, and $20/year after that, but I haven't seen anything else comparable to it (unless you count the paper version of David Seah's Emergent Task Planner, that the BubbleTimer is based on).

I love having an array of tools at my disposal, and each with its own unique purpose, but that's just me. I figure if something did it all, it wouldn't do everything as well as some dedicated tools.
luke

Posted: Dec 19, 2008
I am really hoping that Toodledo will make use of the time information already included in the database and make reports/graphs on what time was used in various areas AND what percentage that time was verses the goal or estimate.... why use two programs when one can do it all? There should be a program that does both. I have looked at bubbletimer and love the reporting and focus on goals, but I like Toodledo's automatic timer and robust task features.
Steve_1354340810

Posted: Mar 18, 2009
What would be really useful for me is to see - quickly - how much time I have allocated by day into the future. A simple sub-total on the 7 day, 7-14 and 30 day views would be more than adequate.

That way I could review my overall list and balance out future tasks according to how much time I have available each day.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 18, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
Wibe

Posted: Mar 22, 2009
Score: 2 Reference
I am just getting started and based on the many positive reviews I'm going to give Toodledo a try. But this is the single biggest missing feature I would love to have.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.