ForumsTime ManagementAnyone here use a Time Tracking Software?

Anyone here use a Time Tracking Software?
marykate57

Posted: Nov 06, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
For the past few weeks that I've been conscious about time management, I tried incorporating helpful tools to ToodleDo just so I can get the optimum productivity.

For now, in addition to the to-do list I use a time tracking software called Time Doctor. I find it really effective to track the time I spend for each task on my todo list. It has greatly increased my productivity at work.

Anyone here do the same? What do you use? or, do you have any other tips to help us all?
Mark.M

Posted: Nov 09, 2012
If you bill for some or all of your time, Fresh Books is a great online option. There are some timer widgets for both the Mac and PC environments that sync the time back to your Fresh Books account.
robmutsaars

Posted: Nov 09, 2012
I am working with ManicTime, it automatically registers the exact time you use a specific application and it also allows you to allocate/register time for specific events (such as meetings...)
marykate57

Posted: Nov 11, 2012
Those sound like good alternatives! Thank you guys.

Time Doctor works for me at the moment. It fits all my needs. Glad to know some people here are doing the same! Cheers to productivity!
jjp_tmn

Posted: Nov 12, 2012
I only track my time for billable items. Freshbooks is a great option, but I'm not a big fan of their price structure. I also use ActiveCollab and track my time there instead on a per project basis.
emmadcst

Posted: Dec 07, 2012
Hi, I think Replicon's cloud based time management software is what has helped us and is a nice tool, undoubtedly. We had been using it and it works well for our business requirements, simple to use, quick to implement, hassle free application with robust customer support.

This message was edited Dec 07, 2012.
ljekberg

Posted: Dec 08, 2012
Hi,

I am using Clockodo. Somehow using Toodledo and Clockodo together is fun for me to say. :)
mike_1355885961

Posted: Dec 18, 2012
If you would like to do an analysis without using a computer you can download a packet of worksheets that include forms to analyze your use of time at www.howtoliveon24hoursaday.com/resources/time-management-tools/
fencepost

Posted: Jan 02, 2013
One thing I have found very useful in recording time for billing purposes is simply a Google Voice number going straight to voicemail. When I leave a client's offices I'm often on my way directly to another office that's having a problem, so I don't want to stop and do (slow) time entry via my phone.

With the GV number, I can simply call while driving and start speaking, detailing roughly the time I arrived, the time I departed, how much of the time on site to bill for (if I ended up in a non-billable conversation I don't bill for that time, but I still show the arrival and departure times on my bills) and a summary of the items I dealt with while on-site. I can then go back at the end of the day/week/month and enter time into QuickBooks with details for billing.
kumar.replicon

Posted: Jan 31, 2013
If you are that conscious about time management, then you must try time clock software. This tool will help you keep track of your time and keep a track on activities that happens with respect to time.

We use this tool in our organization to keep track of all our employees time and activities. If you want to keep track of your time and activities, the tool that you must try is this.
R.Welsh

Posted: Mar 10, 2013
A simple app for smartphone use is HoursTracker
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Mar 11, 2013
For me is Toggl

Love the interface and love starting it in my phone and ending the timer in my pc
info_1364376789

Posted: Mar 27, 2013
I recently installed timecase in my company because it's very easy to use and my employees like it. It has user roles built-in as well as very good reporting system. I am also using this app for tracking my own time.

This message was edited Mar 27, 2013.
johngaziano

Posted: May 10, 2013
I am using TimeWriter Time management software in my company it very easy and friendly to use. If you want you can download its trial version.
daniellebaro

Posted: May 29, 2013
Thanks John for sharing this information I find this software very useful. This software is really helping my organization for managing all the work on time.
brage.strand

Posted: Jun 14, 2013
I am currently using and developing UniTimer: https://www.unitimer.com/

The goal is to create a Time Tracker that can do more of the work for you by providing suggestion on what time hours to register. This is done by tracking computer activity and fetching information from your calendar.

We are currently in beta, and very open for suggestions and thoughts on whats important for the next generation time trackers :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.