ForumsTime ManagementTime Tracking

Time Tracking
Qrystal

Posted: Mar 26, 2008
Score: -1 Reference
One of the first steps to managing time is to know where it goes... but who wants to track time? Yeeechhh!!

I've been using RescueTime to track what I do on the computer. Every so often, I check what I've been doing, and I tag all the apps and websites with keywords I've chosen for the different types of activities I do. Then I rate those keywords for how they contribute to (or detract from) my productivity.

Baddabing, baddaboom, my time is starting to manage itself! :) Well, no, it doesn't do everything, but it does help. It's more like a motivational tool -- like I've hired my own Big Brother to watch over my shoulder, but I can tell him what to do. Or something.
Scott

Posted: Apr 30, 2008
I love Rescue Time - it's amazing to see so matter of factly just what I am doing with my time. Perception and reality are often very different...

SB
luke

Posted: Dec 29, 2008
I have also been using RescueTime- especially how it shows time spent in such an easy to understand chart.

Wouldn't it be great if Toodledo took the time tracking data and used it to tell us how our task time was spent by tags, folders or whatever...
mattsez

Posted: Dec 30, 2008
I believe that if you use the "timer" feature to track time in Toodledo, that at the bottom of a particular page, it will show you the time spent on it. Example: If you view by tag, and go to a specific tag, it will show you the time spent for the particular tag.

I might be wrong, (I might be thinking of the "length" feature), you probably need to play around with it yourself to see if this is what you are looking for. Either way, I do wish there were some additional custom reporting tools on here.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.