ForumsGetting Things Done®Sent an e-mail now waiting for response

Sent an e-mail now waiting for response
scott.rixon

Posted: Oct 14, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I sit and review all the mails that need some thought and create tasks to send people e-mails. Half of them I need a response to decide what the next action for me will be.

So with great pleasure I go to tick off the task to send the e-mail. Then realising I need to know that I am waiting for a response.

Do you tick it off and create a new task? Marking that as 'waiting for'

Or something else?
alexandremrj_2

I can just clone the task and then mark one completed and the other as waiting for.

More easily I just complete the task and the bbc the email to toodledo masking that new task an waiting for
scott.rixon

I like both those ideas.. I'll investigate the BCC.. Handy when you quickly need to add something..

Cheers
s.l

Posted: Oct 23, 2011
I have a WAITING FOR folder in Outlook, where i put COPIES of sent emails that include a delegated task.
If it is only an information I need (for later reference), I only track it there. If the result is something I need in order to move forward in my project, I also put in in toodledo as a delegated task.
The WAITING FOR folder in Outlook is controlled in my weekly review. This saves me a lot of time since all waiting-for emails are in one place and I just need to delete the ones where I got satisfying results.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.