ForumsGetting Things Done®My latest attempt to move away from Toodledo

My latest attempt to move away from Toodledo
jeff.templon

Posted: May 06, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
Hi,

Yep, looked at LifeBalance too, problem with it (for me) is that there is no Android version.

JT
susan_1326654027

Posted: Jul 01, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Why doesn't Toodledo work with David Allen to make it work? I used to use Outlook with David Allen's program designed for outlook. Now I am seeking the same kind of spoon feeding (yes, spoon feeding) for working with Toodle do>
Dave

Posted: Jul 02, 2012
Toodledo isn't designed to be a GTD focused app. Just a great tasks app that people can use for GTD and other methodologies. I am happy about this since many of the GTD apps don't work well for me and how I use GTD. David Allen has been very reluctant to recommend apps since his focus is the method not technology. Once you understand the method you can use it with most apps.
Joe.Carrier.FC

Posted: Jul 11, 2012
I saw wunderlist mentioned earlier. Any input on its functionality?
RayZorback

Posted: Jul 11, 2012
The best software/app I have found for the GTD system is OmniFocus. It is only for Mac, iPad, & iPhone and I absolutely love it. It was created to be used for GTD even using the same language that is used in the GTD system. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

The only downside (and is why I am using ToodleDo) is that it does not currently allow project collaboration. :(

I wish ToodleDo would take some cues from OmniFocus's iPad & iPhone app. They are superb! And I wish ToodleDo would add some way for tasks to be dependent on one another and display the next actions!
Purveyor

Posted: Jul 12, 2012
What are the features of OmniFocus that you "LOVE LOVE LOVE"?
(Besides task dependency.)
tomsims

Posted: Jul 12, 2012
I have used OmniFocus, and while it has some great features, its lack of multi-platform offerings makes it hard to justify as your ubiquitous GTD tool.
Plegron

Posted: Dec 05, 2012
Very helpful topic, but what happened - Nothing since July?

I've settled on Toodledo because it's so widely supported and appears to be thonlylt GTD-compliant product to straddle between Outlook 2010 on Win7 and my Android phone. I just wish they'd do a proper Windows app so I don't have to use a browser to gain access om my desktop.

There is a great third-party app called TaskUnifier which adds further features of it's own. These are only accessible and useful within TU itself, but they don't get lost syncing to Toodledo - they just don't show up.

There's also a really nicAndroidndriod app from DGTale - supposedly in Alpha, it's more remarkably complete and stable.

Anybody any experience using these two together?
abcondas

Posted: Dec 13, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Has anyone checked out Asana?.. Www.asana.com
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.