ForumsGetting Things Done®Outlook and gsyncit Toodledo mapping

Outlook and gsyncit Toodledo mapping
jamied.eberle

Posted: Aug 16, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hi!

I am trying to find some guidelines or best practices for mapping Toodledo to Outlook using gsyncit. I use the GTD Netcentrics Outlook add-in and I want to map the GTD user defined field of 'Subproject' to Toodledo field 'Subtask'....or somehow map 'Subtask' to any field. I do not see Subtask as an available field to map in gsyncit but I figure there has to be a way.

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
jamied.eberle

Posted: Aug 20, 2012
Help Pleae!!! I am ready to GTD!!!
VBruceEvans

Posted: Oct 01, 2012
I'm also looking for some guidelines on the mapping.
David G

Posted: Oct 17, 2012
It doesn't appear that you can it. Looking at the Toodledo setup, 'Subtask' isn't a field. I looks like the field is really 'Parent', and it's value is the Task ID of the task it falls under.

I've spent hours trying out various ways of mapping things. In the end, I just kept it simple. I am just mapping 'Action' (the field in Outlook that the Netcentrics add-in created) to 'Context' on the Toodledo side. This way all the tasks sync in the appropriate Context on Toodledo. Projects and Someday each appear as a Context in Toodledo as well.

I'll probably play around with mapping different things again in the future. But the current setup is at least working for me.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.