ForumsGetting Things Done®Toodledo with iPhone

Toodledo with iPhone
tedpenner

Posted: Mar 30, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I have considered linking with Gmail for calendar items since it can be linked with the built-in calendar APP for 'push based' reminders.

I'm confused about this. It seems it is only 1 way, so changes in Google would not be reflected in Toodledo. Is this correct? Is there a way to have changes in Google Calendar, be reflected back to Toodledo? Also, what about Pocket Informant? Anyone used that?
Anders

I use the gcal sync, but have never tried changing a task from the calendar so I don't know how that works. Maybe I will try later and let you know if no one else posts in the meantime.

As far as Pocket Informant goes, I love it, but the task management portion needs more work IMO. It is a fantastic calendar app, and I love being able to view my todos and calendars in the same app. There are some issues with slow sync, and things like that in version 1.00, but 1.01 should be out very soon. For now, I am in a weird limbo with my todo apps. I have PI, but need a more rubust task manger. My favorite is Ultimate Todos, but it has sync problem until the next update comes out. While that has been broken, I picked up the Toodledo app, and now I am pretty sure I will go pro which means I can't use UT or PI for todos until they add subtasks.

Sorry to ramble. If you have any specific questions, ask away, or check the PI iPhone forums which are very active.

This message was edited Mar 30, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but if you like Toodledo to Google Calendar via the iCal subscription option, changes will not be able to go from Google to Toodledo. This is just the nature of iCal. It is one-way.
davidholliday

Posted by tedpenner:
Also, what about Pocket Informant? Anyone used that?

I have Pocket Informant as well, but as Anders pointed out the task management isn't there yet.

The calendar part is much better, although I actually still prefer the built-in Apple calendar (I can't believe I'm saying that, but it's true!)

When WebIS get the tasks under control - subtask support is needed for a start - I'll maybe look at using PI. Until then, my copy is gathering digital dust and I'm sticking with Toodledo iPhone app.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.