ForumsGetting Things Done®Project Support Material

Project Support Material
evholten

Posted: Aug 19, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Since there is no integration with external filing-software like Evernote or OneNote, would it not be wise to actually create one by Toodledo???

There are these other Toodledo products such as Notes, Outlines, Habits and List that are not even integrated and to me don't make much sense.
it would be much better to have a integration between tasks and a major upgrade of Notes. Note should be like OneNote and Evernote.

It is ESSENTIAL (not just wanted, not just desired, but a must must must) to have project data and project tasks relate to each other.

Where do I leave my project data?

If working on project data, how do I get tasks straight into Task without having to copy-past and switch apps?
If working in Note, how do I get tasks straight into Tasks?

See how OneNote works with Outlook. Just ... Outlook sucks. And MS is to slow to integrate Wunderlist. Toodledo is superior for task management. But without handling of data, it remains next to useless.

Kinds regards, Erwin
frogboy

Posted: Aug 19, 2017
Try IFTTT

and/or TaskClone

This message was edited Aug 19, 2017.
Ummagumma

Posted: Aug 22, 2017
If you're using Onenote and Outlook, the only way to really make it work with Toodledo is via gSyncit, which is unfortunately blocked by my work firewall.

Otherwise, it's same the old "pick any 2 of the 3 features you want" approach.
coolexplorer

Posted: Aug 24, 2017
Posted by Frogboy:
Try IFTTT

and/or TaskClone

Tried both IFTTT and TaskClone for a while. IFTT is powerful (still use it to automatically register a GCalendar event entry into TD), but smooth integration between Evernote or GCalendar with Toodledo is non-existent. We have to make-do because all the 3 are great apps but don't speak to one another.
Ummagumma

Posted: Aug 25, 2017
Toodledo is a thing in itself. It has a very good web interface but they pretty much left the desktop and mobile integration to others. I have a sneaky suspicion Jake is the only developer so the development priorities are shaped by what he can / want to do, and not necessarily by what makes more sense from the user perspective.

Outlook doesn't have to suck. It's an incredibly flexible tool that can be set up to closely mimic what Toodledo does. I assume you're familiar with setting up custom views ?

What does suck is mobile client integration. Just like Toodledo...

If you can make gSyncit work for you, you should be set.

If not, check out Outlook.com. If you create an Outlook.com account and sync it to Outlook (no special tools required) it will support most of the Outlook task properties such as Start Date and Category. It will also sync them to Apple Reminders. You won't see the Start dates in Reminders, but there are mobile task and calendar apps that can use that data (CalenGoo, PlanBe). So you can use Onenote to track project info, create Outlook tasks, sync them to mobile, and back.

I switched back from this setup to Toodledo because I wanted to use a more advanced task manager (2Do) and it didn't work well with Outlook - it would not sync any special task properties via Reminders. I also grew tired of Onenote, it's a great tool for storing data but hard to keep organized when actively tracking multiple large projects. I am using a mind mapping type software now and it doesn't integrate with Outlook anyway.

But Calengoo<>Reminders<>Outlook.com<>Outlook<>Onenote worked very well for me.
kenne00j

Posted: Nov 28, 2017
Posted by Ummagumma:
Toodledo is a thing in itself. It has a very good web interface but they pretty much left the desktop and mobile integration to others. I have a sneaky suspicion Jake is the only developer so the development priorities are shaped by what he can / want to do, and not necessarily by what makes more sense from the user perspective.

Outlook doesn't have to suck. It's an incredibly flexible tool that can be set up to closely mimic what Toodledo does. I assume you're familiar with setting up custom views ?

What does suck is mobile client integration. Just like Toodledo...

If you can make gSyncit work for you, you should be set.

If not, check out Outlook.com. If you create an Outlook.com account and sync it to Outlook (no special tools required) it will support most of the Outlook task properties such as Start Date and Category. It will also sync them to Apple Reminders. You won't see the Start dates in Reminders, but there are mobile task and calendar apps that can use that data (CalenGoo, PlanBe). So you can use Onenote to track project info, create Outlook tasks, sync them to mobile, and back.

I switched back from this setup to Toodledo because I wanted to use a more advanced task manager (2Do) and it didn't work well with Outlook - it would not sync any special task properties via Reminders. I also grew tired of Onenote, it's a great tool for storing data but hard to keep organized when actively tracking multiple large projects. I am using a mind mapping type software now and it doesn't integrate with Outlook anyway.

But Calengoo<>Reminders<>Outlook.com<>Outlook<>Onenote worked very well for me.
kenne00j

Posted: Nov 28, 2017
Would you be able to give further details on this set up, please? I'm struggling with using Outllok and Toodledo together.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.