ForumsGetting Things Done®New Outlook add-in for GTD & Toodledo

New Outlook add-in for GTD & Toodledo
Proximo

Posted: Aug 29, 2009
Score: -1 Reference
For those of you using Outlook. There is a new GTD Plug-in that works with Toodledo.

http://foxyurl.com/sXg
Rob G

Posted: Aug 30, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Don't you lose information by interfacing tasks with Outlook? And the ToodleDo web interface is so fast and easy to use why do you need Outlook? Offline access I suppose, but at the cost of lost info?

I have an iphone for offline access so its not an issue for me and thus I don't use tasks in my Outlook.

But I would like to interface the ToodleDo Calendar with Outlook as I can't integrate it into the iPhone. Any ideas?
Anders

Posted by Rob G:
But I would like to interface the ToodleDo Calendar with Outlook as I can't integrate it into the iPhone. Any ideas?

You can get all your tasks with associated dates into your Outlook and/or iPhone calendars by using the iCal subscription: http://www.toodledo.com/connect_ical.php
It is a one-way sync, so it will be read-only in Outlook or the iPhone. There are a variety of ways you could set it up. You could add the subscription to Outlook and sync with your iPhone. You could add the subscription to the iPhone calendar, and then sync it with Outlook (this is the easiest to set up since all you have to do is click on the calendar URL on that page from Mobile Safari). If you use Google Calendar, you could add the subscription to that and then sync Gcal with either the Outlook or iPhone calendar.
dg

Posted by Proximo:
For those of you using Outlook. There is a new GTD Plug-in that works with Toodledo.

Didn't find the info on how it works with Toodledo. Can you explain or provide a link? Thx!
brian.cerveny

This is not a new GTD plugin. It has been around (and I have been using it) for years. There is just a new version (3.0).

As for Toodledo, the plugin does not support Toodledo. They have a few custom fields like project that do not translate. But if you are syncing tasks with Outlook, certainly that still works but you do not get any of the GTD Addin extras.

If you rely on Outlook for your work, I highly recommend this add-in. I had been using it at work for maybe 6 years until I was laid off (and therefore no longer use Outlook). Even so, I have used Toodledo for personal tasks. Going forward I imagine I might stick with only Toodledo, though the convenience of linking emails with tasks using that plugin is most execellent.

Brian
Anders

Posted by brian.cerveny:
This is not a new GTD plugin. It has been around (and I have been using it) for years. There is just a new version (3.0).

As for Toodledo, the plugin does not support Toodledo.

I was a little confused about this too. Because I knew this addon had been around for a while, and had heard nothing of it working with Toodledo, but in that link Proximo provided, it specifically states that the interviewer asked the developer about how the addon works with Toodledo:
I asked Dean some of the questions some of you sent to me (such as getting tech support, Office 10 release, how it interfaces with Toodledo and more.)

I listened to the interview for a while (about halfway), but the guy gives such long answers, I just started jumping around a little bit. Anyway, I couldn't find anything about Toodledo, but I did not listen to the whole 30+ minutes.

BTW, if anyone listens to that piece, I recommend keeping the volume off for the first ten or fifteen seconds to avoid a massive groaner of a joke.

This message was edited Aug 30, 2009.
Proximo

Posted: Aug 31, 2009
Posted by dave:
Posted by Proximo:

Didn't find the info on how it works with Toodledo. Can you explain or provide a link? Thx!

dave,

I think brian.cerveny would know more about it than me. I just posted it based on the claims that it works with Outlook. I have not used it and can't use it. We use Lotus Notes at work.

I just ran across it and wanted to post it in case it's useful for you Outlook users.

sorry.
dg

Posted: Sep 02, 2009
Thanks all for the info! I think I'm clear now...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.