Posted: Sep 08, 2010
Score: -13 Reference
Has anyone tried this?

Seen this? :

http://www.smartytask.com
fmonteiro

Posted: Nov 29, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
It beautiful and nothing more. Toodledo is better. I like Toodledo's sortable grid style, all those app sync options and its community. I have no plans to choose another GTD tool.
AJS

Score: 0 Reference
No Android app so pointless for me at this stage.
PeterW 

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by AJS:
No Android app so pointless for me at this stage.

There's no native mobile app for any platform - only a mobile browser (slim) site.

Looks great but still a long way to go before it's ready for prime time in my opinion.

And no user community which I think is a big problem.
AJS

Posted: Nov 30, 2010
I had to make the move from Microsoft Outlook a couple of years ago so everything went Google so I could access it on my HTC phone.

I've used Remember the Milk and Google Tasks as a task manager, and in fact had set up a Toodledo account before this without it really being given serious consideration. I gave it a proper run for the last month or so and nothing comes close for the money.

All the alternatives have some drawback or other which are deal breakers, either pricing or lack of mobile support which is important for me. Toodledo has two perceived weaknesses, UI, which can be addressed with a third party skin, and the lack of "Projects" which can be addressed by Tags or Folders. In reality most people would know what Project a task was associated with anyway.

These are far outweighed by the customisation options available and powerful feature set. Grid view offers access to quick editing - reminders, repeats and alarms are all there (you'd be surprised how many don't have these) and crucially comprehensive native mobile support for Apple and Android.
PeterW 

Posted: Nov 30, 2010
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by AJS:
Toodledo has two perceived weaknesses, UI, which can be addressed with a third party skin, and the lack of "Projects" which can be addressed by Tags or Folders. In reality most people would know what Project a task was associated with anyway.

I've been able to address the project issue in Toodledo with a relatively simple approach...

1. Use a Project folder for all projects.
2. Each project is a parent task and does not have a due date.
3. Project actions are subtasks. The star field is used to denote the next action.
4. The folders view is set to display subtasks indented so the project can be seen in its entirety.
5. All other views are set to flattened, so individual project actions are visible and those that are starred appear in my hotlist (a saved search).

This has worked really well for me - there have been no downsides. About the only thing I would like added is for the parent task name to appear alongside a subtask's name so I can see what project it belongs to. I get around this by pre-pending subtask names with an abbreviation of the parent task. As you've said, most of the time it's not needed but I do it for the sake of neatness. :)

This message was edited Nov 30, 2010.
Andrew A

Posted: Dec 01, 2010
@peterw

This is also and often my approach to tasks. There are some times when I use a folder, and then parent/child tasks, but on the fly, between folders, subtasks, and contexts, everything is handled.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.