ForumsGetting Things Done®Newbie questions

Newbie questions
george2064

Posted: Sep 17, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Just some newbie (GTD) clarification questions. I have been reading this topic for a couple hours and still confused. ..

Difference between folders and projects?
Difference between folders and calendars (specially as I have been looking in 2do) and it seems like that folders become calendars in 2do???? is that correct?
Andrew A

Posted: Sep 18, 2010
Cant comment on 2do,

but folders are what you make of them, not to be all obtuse, but Toodle do is broader than GTD so lots of different approaches work.

For me, yes, I use folders as projects. For others, it is a parent task with multiple subtasks. It is a bit of hunt and peck until you find an approach that works with the way you perceive your work flow.
TheGriff_2

Posted: Sep 20, 2010
I echo what Andrew said though I use folders differently. For me folders are my per client view (one folder for each client). I then use the parent task=project perspective for managing projects within each client folder.
m3style

Posted: Sep 21, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by TheGriff:
For me folders are my per client view (one folder for each client).

TheGriff!! - Excellent idea about using a folder for each client!
k.blattmann

Posted: Sep 22, 2010
I just read this in the Toodledo help page:

Subtasks are a convenient way to organize projects and tasks that have multiple steps.

In GTD-speak, a project is a task with more than one step.

I agree with the others here, that a folder or task/sub-task is what you want it to be. I am in the throes of deciding how I will do things, myself.
cjuzda

Posted: Sep 22, 2010
Yes Folders translate to Calendars in 2Do which I think is an excellent program. I don't know why they opted to use the term "Calendar" since it's really a view or list. So if you're going to keep using 2Do you need to keep that in mind when you're determining how to set up Toodledo. You might also want to look at Taska, which I think does the best job as a pure GTD Ipod App. I use 2Do though because I don't follow GTD as it's typically set up but if you really want to follow GTD, get Taska instead.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.