ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatWho's got here from Shadowplan/Datebk (Palm)

Who's got here from Shadowplan/Datebk (Palm)
TheGriff_2

Posted: May 21, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I used to be quite active on both the Shadowplan and Datebk5/6 mailing lists a few years ago when I used Palm devices.

Wondering if anyone else who reads these forums has also come from the above mentioned programs on the Palm. Particularly interested in former Shadow users as I think Toodledo is what Jeff was thinking of developing one day.
cynthiafraga

Posted: May 29, 2009
I am a former user of Shadow Plan and Datebk5! But I wasn't active on the lists.

I just signed Toodledo and was so impressed that I also bought the Iphone app.

Just got my Iphone and I really don't know if I will miss my Palm one day...
Michael Bryan

Posted: Jun 16, 2009
just saw this thread

I so miss shadow and datebk6 now that I use an iTouch. When is someone going to make something like shadow??

It's understandable why we don't see datebk or something like it, it's because Apple will not (yet) open up the api to control the calendar. So we have *no* calendar apps... yet. I sure hope that someday they open things up because I miss datebk so so so much -and I miss Shadowplan even more!

The closest thing to shadow I've found is something called Listomni from a company called Ontomni. It doesn't have tags or subitems though, so not really workable for me. I'm only going by the description.

What I need is a list manager app for the iPhone/iTouch that supports multi-level lists and filtering by tags and the ability to create as many lists as you need.

I'm currently learning how to program the iPhone and create small apps, so maybe I will tackle this someday if no one else does. I look weekly for new apps if not daily - that's how bad I need this.

BTW, I use Toodledo for my todos and it is awesome. My need for a Shadow type program goes way beyond todo lists though, so at this point I figure I'll keep using Toodledo for todos going forward.

Keeping my fingers crossed on this one!
Anders

Posted: Jun 16, 2009
Posted by Michael Bryan:
What I need is a list manager app for the iPhone/iTouch that supports multi-level lists and filtering by tags and the ability to create as many lists as you need.

Task PRO has infinite subtasking, and good tagging features, although not quite "filtering", but you can use icons for tags which is very cool. It exports and imports with Toodledo, but does not truly sync, and it only supports a few fields, and all tasks are flattened on transfer. Anyway, thought I would mention it.

~Anders

This message was edited Jun 16, 2009.
peaston

Posted: Jul 13, 2009
I used to use both and am happy to see that Pimlico is developing a new cross-platform version of DateBk. I'm looking forward to getting a Palm Pre, but am not that impressed with its basic PIM interface. I love synergy, but the search limitations and limited configuration options cry out for third-party launder and productivity apps.

I stopped using Shadow planner years ago. Seemed cumbersome to me. Great list application but not great for quickly processing action items in GTD fashion.

Toodle Do would be great if it worked on a Palm, but I'm back to using the basic built-in Palm task list with Goosync. In the end, having my tasks in my hand offline was is the one feature I can't live without.

I thought of getting a Blackberry or Android phone to use apps like Toodledo, Lastpass, and Google Apps, which have decided not to develop for Palm. But I'm liking what I see from the Pre and will probably get a Pre when it is available in Taiwan or in an unlocked version. Hopefully, Pre's popularity with prompt Toodledoo to consider developing for WebOS.
Anders

Posted: Jul 13, 2009
There is a 3rd party developer already working on an app for the Pre which will sync with Toodledo: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/2365/0/client-for-the-palm-pre.html
ken

Posted: Oct 20, 2009
Posted by TheGriff:
I used to be quite active on both the Shadowplan and Datebk5/6 mailing lists a few years ago when I used Palm devices.

Wondering if anyone else who reads these forums has also come from the above mentioned programs on the Palm. Particularly interested in former Shadow users as I think Toodledo is what Jeff was thinking of developing one day.

Hi Griff. I remember you from those lists.

I am currently on a Blackberry Bold, and came back to Toodledo because of the release of TaskJot. I glanced at Toodledo briefly awhile ago, but was very much stuck in the "must be able to enter/manage data on the desktop" mindset. Also, really wanted some kind of mobile sync.

TaskJot really opens up the possibilities with Toodledo for me.
TheGriff_2

Posted: Oct 21, 2009
Hey Ken...I believe I remember you as well...though I thought there were two Ken's.

It's interesting to me that I think Toodledo was what Jeff had in mind all those years ago. At the time I just couldn't see it but now I couldn't live without it.

Welcome aboard!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.