ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatSubtasks suggestions

Subtasks suggestions
TaniaB

Posted: Jun 05, 2009
Score: -1 Reference
Hi, I too have to say that I am very surprised to find out how cool this application is. It really shows that a lot of effort was spent on making this tool so smart and convenient. Kudos! (Aren't you tired of hearing this yet? :))

Anyway, I was wondering if you can make subtasks behave a little more like a regular task. For example, when I click to add a new subtask, there is only a popup for the title and everything else has to be setup manually. Can they at least have the default values of the regular tasks or inherit attributes from the parent? Also, can there be an option to automatically set the due date of the parent task to be the earliest due date of the subtaks? And maybe add more levels (subtasks of subtasks)?

Thanks again for the GREAT product!

Tania
Anders

Score: -1 Reference
Posted by TaniaB:
Anyway, I was wondering if you can make subtasks behave a little more like a regular task. For example, when I click to add a new subtask, there is only a popup for the title and everything else has to be setup manually.

You can still add them through the regular Add task method, and then drag them under the appropriate parent.
Can they at least have the default values of the regular tasks or inherit attributes from the parent? Also, can there be an option to automatically set the due date of the parent task to be the earliest due date of the subtaks? And maybe add more levels (subtasks of subtasks)?

Inherited attributes for subtasks is a popular request. I'm not sure I have seen the due date idea, but it is a good one. More levels of hierarchy is also a popular request. Toodledo has said they have plans to add one more level to the hierarchy: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1247/-8875/subtasks-only-go-down-one-level.html
You should post requests in the Questions forum because the developers may not read everything in the off topic forum. Welcome to Toodledo.

~Anders
TaniaB

Score: 1 Reference
Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.