ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatMoving On: Final Post

Moving On: Final Post
GSP1963

Posted: Aug 14, 2019
Score: 5 Reference
Just a quick farewell to all here. I've been a Toodledo user for well over a decade (probably something like 15 years). I've lost confidence in the direction of the product with the new ownership. What I've seen strikes me as dysfunctional; I hope the team gets its act together, but I'm not hopeful and certainly not hopeful enough to stay onboard.

After evaluating a few options, I've gone with Remember the Milk. Checking back on these forums has been a regular habit of mine, but it's kind of a quirk at this point and is no longer productive. After posting this I'll be deleting my Toodledo data, my Toodledo account, and all my links and shortcuts to the Toodledo site. In short, I'm moving on and won't be looking back.

Best of luck to all of you.

This message was edited Aug 14, 2019.
Ummagumma

Posted: Aug 15, 2019
Score: 2 Reference
I've moved on months ago. Used iOS reminders with GoodTask, for the past couple of weeks have been playing with MS ToDo / Outlook.com tasks - still synced to Reminders, and with my new "Keep It Simple, Stupid" approach, I can just copy tasks between systems with little tweaking.

Despite its many bugs and "why on earth did they do that" moments, To Do is really growing on me. It's simple, fast, available on any Windows 10 system, has a full blown web interface, and a semi-decent iOS app. It is missing some functionality, but as I am trying to use a task management system that is as platform independent as possible, this is actually a good thing for me.

At any rate, I don't have any desire to come back...
guardprivy-1

Posted: Aug 17, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
I just spent the last 8 hours customizing Clickup and MyLifeOrganized and neither can do what Toodledo does as easily or efficiently. Clickup is SLOOOOW and wastes so much screen real estate with blank space, plus it cannot do boolean reports (or a Hotlist that includes both Due Today and Next Actions all on one screen); MLO requires way too many mouseclicks to create a task, and has limited keyboard shortcuts functionality and limited sorting.

Over the years I've also used or trialed many other competitors that couldn't come close.

So, I've decided to stick with Toodledo until either it or I kick the proverbial bucket. I truly hope Toodledo succeeds.
creinhard

Posted: Aug 19, 2019
Posted by dotparker:
Over the years I've also used or trialed many other competitors that couldn't come close.
So, I've decided to stick with Toodledo until either it or I kick the proverbial bucket. I truly hope Toodledo succeeds.

I'm in the same boat here ... Remember The Milk is the only other possible consideration ... making my own ToodleDo in Excel might become a serious option ...

This message was edited Aug 19, 2019.
mjbernstein

Posted: Aug 21, 2019
It seems strange but I am rediscovering paper and I realize that maybe the computer thing made it really easy for me to do the trivial stuff but really did not force me to review enough.

I am 53 so I grew up with paper planning and seems like riding a bike. Got right back up and feels great.
Ummagumma

Posted by mjbernstein:
It seems strange but I am rediscovering paper and I realize that maybe the computer thing made it really easy for me to do the trivial stuff but really did not force me to review enough.

I am 53 so I grew up with paper planning and seems like riding a bike. Got right back up and feels great.

I am almost the same age and remember wishing that paper gave me reminders and was always there when I wanted to review it... to me, there's no way back :)
creinhard

I'm still a big fan of paper too!

Toodledo is my Staging and Sorting tool for all my "things".

It's my To-do list for things online.

From my Toodledo sortings I transfer to paper so I can get stuff done offline ..

Chris
mjbernstein

Posted by Ummagumma:
Posted by mjbernstein:

I am almost the same age and remember wishing that paper gave me reminders and was always there when I wanted to review it... to me, there's no way back :)

No doubt--there are things I will miss. My biggest thing I will miss is a search function and I am sure a few things will slip through the cracks of me being human.

But at least if the system does not work--1) I have only myself to blame and 2) I can always free form or change the system.

For me now the best part of Toodledo is chatting back and forth on the forum!!

Marc
Ummagumma

Posted by mjbernstein:

For me now the best part of Toodledo is chatting back and forth on the forum!!

Marc

Same here !

This message was edited Aug 21, 2019.
Duo

Posted: Aug 22, 2019
One hidden post in this thread (for me) by @DrFrankBuck as noted by @Larry2 in this thread:

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/27251/0/anant-can-you-give-us-an-update.html

From the search:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/search_power.php?user=821630

Posted 1 day ago in: Moving On: Final Post

Remember the Milk is a terrific option. I made the move in October and was up and running in no time.
Enhancement Toodledo talked about such as migrating overdue tasks forward is already there in RTM. Collaboration is there even in the free version.
The note field is automatically date/time stamped.
Editing multiple tasks is easier.
The keyboard shortcuts amazing.
If you want drag-and-drop ordering of tasks, it's there.

When I chose Toodledo 6 or so years ago, I preferred it over Remember the MIlk. But in 2016, RTM went through a significant upgrade.

This message was edited Aug 22, 2019.
Lise46

Posted: Sep 15, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
I'm onto Toodist. For my needs it is working well so far. Biggest plus is that it is consistently syncing with mobile and has an easy to use off-line that also syncs consistently.

Been a fun ride here and great help from many forum regulars. Thanks.
jzamoras

Posted: Sep 15, 2019
Posted by Lise46:
I'm onto Toodist. For my needs it is working well so far. Biggest plus is that it is consistently syncing with mobile and has an easy to use off-line that also syncs consistently.

Been a fun ride here and great help from many forum regulars. Thanks.

what about subtasks? can you set repeating subtasks w reminders?
SimonSmailus

Posted: Feb 24, 2020
Score: 3 Reference
Toodledo still works, and works well I might add. The iOS apps have a few visual glitches, but I'm here for the duration of the ride. Nothing out there compares to Toodledo. I used the mac Things app, but it is very feature poor in comparison. I tend to work off the browser and iOS. I've had no data loss and am hopeful that the app will move forward.

I want to encourage Anant to keep going!
Anant G.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020
Score: -2 Reference
Posted by svsmailus_2:
Toodledo still works, and works well I might add. The iOS apps have a few visual glitches, but I'm here for the duration of the ride. Nothing out there compares to Toodledo. I used the mac Things app, but it is very feature poor in comparison. I tend to work off the browser and iOS. I've had no data loss and am hopeful that the app will move forward.

I want to encourage Anant to keep going!

Thank you means a lot <3 New apps will also go live. We are working hard to get those out.

This message was edited Feb 24, 2020.
Peter

Posted: May 18, 2020
I flew Ecco pro into the ground and will do the same with TD. Nothing comes closer to meeting my needs.

This message was edited May 18, 2020.
Ummagumma

Posted: May 19, 2020
Posted by Peter:
I flew Ecco pro into the ground and will do the same with TD. Nothing comes closer to meeting my needs.

Ecco Pro was a big part of a valuable lesson I learned - never to rely on a unique tool for my long term needs. It was way ahead of its time, for sure :)
Mark H

Posted: May 23, 2020
Posted by Ummagumma:
Posted by Peter:

Ecco Pro was a big part of a valuable lesson I learned - never to rely on a unique tool for my long term needs. It was way ahead of its time, for sure :)

Outlook killed it as Microsoft killed some many small products during that period.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.