ForumsDevelopersIpod Touch Sync Error

Ipod Touch Sync Error
jay_shel

Posted: Jan 06, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

The Toodledo mobile app. I just bought and installed on my 32GB iPod Touch running 2.2 software gets and Error Sync #1003 every time it tries to connect. I am running Toodledo Mobile Ver. 1.4.

It works fine at home over my wireless internet connection with no proxy, but at work, even with the proxy setup and configured for the wireless connection it fails with a could not sync Error #1003.

I have followed the instructions to login again, but that does not help.

Please help.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 06, 2009
It sounds like Toodledo on the iPhone can't make an internet connection. Are you able to use Safari on your iPhone at work? I assume so. Try this. Open a web page in Safari on the iPhone, and then switch quickly to Toodledo and try a sync. What this does, is take's advantage of the already open internet connection. If this works, then it will help us isolate the bug.

Thanks
jay_shel

Posted: Jan 07, 2009
Web Pages load successfully in Safari. I immediately switched to the Toodledo mobile app. and got the sync error #1003 again.

Thanks for the quick response.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Error 1003 means that the iPhone can't authenticate with the website properly. So, my only other suggestion is to go into the Sync settings section in our iPhone app and retype your email/password information to match what is on our website. Make sure that you use proper capitalization and then click the save button again. Hopefully that will work.

Since it works for you at home, but not at work, I'm guessing that this probably won't work, but I'm out of ideas. There must be something strange with your work environment. Maye you have a corporate firewall that is blocking access or something.
jay_shel

It seems your application does not work with a site that uses a proxy for web communications.

What port does the mobile app. communicate back to the Tooledo website? Does it use port 80, 443, or some other?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It uses port 443 for HTTPS encrypted communication. So, if your proxy or firewall does not allow that port to be used, then that would be the problem.
jay_shel

My company does allow HTTPS over port 443.

I guess my question now is, how would I enable secure communication through the proxy configuration on the Ipod touch?

There is only an option to specify one proxy server and one port.

So I have specified my proxy server and port 80 in the only port field there is.

Any ideas?
keef

if you have a SOCKS proxy server (the most common type) you would typically specify a master port such 8080 or 8000 instead of the port for a particular protocol (ie 80 or 443). This should allow the server switch between the appropriate traffic types.
keef
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.