ForumsDevelopersPlanting the seed.. QR Codes

Planting the seed.. QR Codes
pfmonaco

Posted: Aug 06, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Howdy folks! I'm just an amateur coder that likes to fiddle for my own purposes and thought my current project might fuel some creativity among the "real" developers out there.

I've been using the todoCL utility with runBASIC (an old school BASIC language designed for the web) and have been experimenting with the generation of tasks by scanning QR Codes. For example a sticker in the pantry is scanned with my phone that calls up an inventory of what's stored giving me the option to add things to my grocery list (which is a ToDo item).

That's pretty basic stuff but what I'd love to do (that's above my head and not addressed with the todoCL utility) is let's say I have "Change Oil on Car" as one of my tasks.. it would be cool if I had a QR Code I could scan on the car that would signal the task as complete and reset the reoccurring event.

Would love to see some QR Code innovation either from Toodledo itself or by way of 3rd party tools.

Hope I inspired someone. Cheers!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 08, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Thats an interesting idea. My gut reaction is that its probably faster to open Toodledo on your phone and tap a checkbox than it is to open an app and scan a code, but there is a wow factor there. There's nothing stopping a 3rd party app from doing his with our existing API, and thats probably what I would encourage.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.