ForumsDevelopersOutlook Sync Failed

Outlook Sync Failed
ronnyrussell

Posted: Feb 04, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I am runnning VISTA and Outlook 2007. I receive the error listed below when attempting to sync. When I first in stalled the software, it would sync perfectly. Later, w/o any changes of which I am aware, I began receiving the error below. I have tried every suggestion list on this forum, but to no avail.:

SyncApp.exe Information: 0 :
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 :
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : ----------------------------------------------------
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : ToodledoSyncApp Version 0.9.9.3
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : Please do not post these trace logs to the Toodledo Forums
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : ----------------------------------------------------
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:synchronizeTasks() method called
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : OutlookProxy:initialize() initialization error Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 800702e4. at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.initialize()
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization: Could not initialize outlook proxy
at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.initialize()
at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.initializeInstance()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchronizeTasks()
at SyncApp.frmMain.performSync()
keef

Have you tried disabling User Access Control? This error code seems to be a Vista security error message. Perhaps this problem was created by Windows Update 'tightening' up your security.

Also, have you tried running the app + Outlook as an Administrator?

keef
ronnyrussell

Keef,

Wow. Disabling the User Access Control worked! Thank you!!

Am I opening myself up for a security risk?

Ronny
keef

Your machine is technically less secure with uac disabled, but it isn't something I would worry about if you have decent anti-virus software installed and have Windows firewall enabled. Obviously the choice is up to you.
I'd suggest Googling for more information so that you can assess the marginal risk yourself.

keef
ronnyrussell

I think I'm cool with it.

Thank you again for your help!

Ronny
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.