ForumsDevelopersOutlook sync

Outlook sync
Vincent

Posted: Jan 10, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

Trying my hand at outlook sync add-in. I'm trying to ascertain deleted tasks since last

2 questions

- How to find deleted tasks since last sync in Outlook. Currently I'm saving all task ID's, and check whether some have gone missing since last sync. Is there a better way, with info available in the Outlook model?

- does Toodledo have a Hashfunction, or a way to verify if the two distributed copies of the tasks are equal. (as a final check after syncing if they are equal). For example a MD5 hash of some fields, that I can perform locally as well?

Thank you,

Vincent
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you are downloading every task, every time and looking for missing tasks, you are definitely doing it wrong and using too much network bandwidth. You should be able to sync with only transferring the changes.

To fetch only those tasks that have been deleted, use the "tasks/deleted.php" API call and pass in the timestamp from the last time you checked.

http://api.toodledo.com/2/tasks/index.php

If you find that you are downloading the same information over and over again, you should look into optimizing that.
tasksync

Maybe I've not been clear, although I thought I was.

I want to find the deleted tasks on the OUTLOOK side. So if something get's deleted in Outlook, how can I find out about it?

Question does not relate to toodledo api, but to tracking changes in outlook.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 11, 2012
Oh. I have no idea about that.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.