ForumsDevelopersNewly task added in toodledo.com will not show in outlook

Newly task added in toodledo.com will not show in outlook
ericpun168

Posted: Mar 04, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
The inital sync was good with Outlook2007 & Ver.0.9.9.4. Synchronization continues to work if task are added in Outlook; however, it doesn't work if tasks are added in www.toodledo.com. The newly added tasks will not show in outlook. There are no error messages under "Diagnostics". The time has also been set correctly. Any suggestions PLEASE? Great App. by the way. Very simplar to Google Calendar Sync.
keef

What happens if you perform a sync with the 'force full sync' option on the diagnostics page enabled?
keef
ericpun168

HELLO Keef, glad to hear from you..

New tasks or edited tasks on toodledo.com still won't sync with Outlook with "Force Full Synch" option on. Tasks on Outlook however DOES sync onto toodledo.com. There were no error messages under Diagnostics after each sync. Advise?
ericpun168

a message does pop up "A program is trying to access e-mail......" and I do "Allow" access for X minutes. Because my computer is managed by Microsoft Exchange administrator, the option to customize the Programmatic Access security settings is disabled. I have Google Calendar Syncing no problem with my Outlook nor with itunes.
keef

Posted: Mar 05, 2009
If you mail me a diagnostic trace of a sync run with a newly created Toodledo event with the 'show traffic' option enabled I'll try and help you further off line? The email address is developer(at)chromadrake.com

keef

This message was edited Mar 05, 2009.
ericpun168

Hi Keef,

I have sent you an email ealier today. Please let know if there are anything else you need from me. Thank you!
keef

Got your mail. I'll look at it and get back to you soon
keef
reyemarr

Posted: Mar 09, 2009
The exact same thing happens to me. Looking forward to a solution.
Thanks
htfaber

Posted: Mar 09, 2009
Same here. I'll be following this topic with anticipation.
It worked a while without problems, then only with the force full synch option and now it only goes from outlook to toodledo but not the other way.

This message was edited Mar 09, 2009.
mariusvandam

Posted: Mar 10, 2009
I've got the same issue. I installed this app recently and it looks very useful as I mainly use outlook for creating tasks, but would like to use Toodledo when on the road using the (mobile) web access.

Anything I change using Outlook is synched to ToodleDo, but any new task or change made in ToodleDo is not propagated to Outlook.

Thanks for looking into this.
mariusvandam

BTW: I use Outlook 2003. I've installed the 'Advanced Security' add-on for outlook and accepted permission. (don't remember the name of the 'action' and don't recognize anything related to ToodleDo outlook sync it in the list but I'm sure i didn't reject it when I synced the first time)
keef

I think this is a bug. I am working on a fix for this now
keef
mariusvandam

Thanks Keef! I'm impressed with the speed and commitment with which you support this product. When I succeed to set up my GTD system for use on my mobile phone using this tool i'll be sure to donate via the paypal link on your page.
keef

Hopefully this update should fix the issue

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/7/1582/0/-outlook-client-0995-is-available.html

keef

This message was edited Mar 10, 2009.
mariusvandam

Hi Keef,

This fixed the issue.

I downloaded your update, uninstalled previous version and installed the new one.

After rerunning the application (Manual Sync) I now see my new tasks modifications to current tasks using Toodledo appearing in Outlook.

Thanks a lot again for the quick fixing!
ericpun168

I am a happy person now.. =) thank you for your help
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.