ForumsDevelopersOutlook Plug-in - Alpha Testers needed

Outlook Plug-in - Alpha Testers needed
OL Info Sync Support

Posted: Mar 14, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I have written a new Outlook Plug-in to sync outlook tasks with toodledo.com. I am looking for a handful of people to help me alpha test.

System Requirements
---------------------------
* Windows 2000 or Greater
* Office 2003 or Greater
* .Net Framework 3.5 (may reduce to 2.0 if this is a problem)

Who is this for?
I am looking for alpha testers.
* Some who can provide constructive feedback.
* Someone who can suggest new features
* Someone who can backup their data to guarantee nothing is lost.

Interested?
Send me a email at [email protected] with your system specs and version of outlook. I am planning on starting alpha testing by end of next week.

This message was edited Mar 14, 2009.
DSM_2

Posted: Mar 19, 2009
Can you provide more information on the sync process between Toodledo (TD) and Outlook (OL) that you will be using? What are you mapping TD tasks, contexts, tags, and folders to in OL?
OL Info Sync Support

Posted: Mar 21, 2009
The first alpha version, which I plan on releasing today to alpha testers, will just support tasks. After the current feature set has proven to be solid, I'll add features based on user feedback (giving the strongest focus to tester's feedback).

PS:
I need more testers using Outlook 2003 and/or using a proxy.

This message was edited Mar 21, 2009.
DSM_2

Posted: Mar 26, 2009
I kind of want to play with this, but I haven't got time right now to deal with the potential issues in an alpha.

I would still like to hear more details of the data model you are (or will be) using -- in particular, what you're mapping Toodledo tasks, contexts, tags, folders, priority, and status to in Outlook.
Nate Post deleted
David Parker

Posted: Apr 14, 2009
I'd be interested in testing this - I have outlook 2007 and there is some concern about using the basic sync that goes through webmail. Would the plug in avoid the req1uirement to use webmail user/password?
OL Info Sync Support

Posted: Apr 20, 2009
It does not require webmail user/password. However, it does require your toodledo login information.
tcperconti

Posted: Apr 20, 2009
I have Outlook 2003 w/o proxy. I am very interested in testing this plug-in since I have a T-Mobile G1 and currently sync Outlook mail/calendar/contacts with the G1 and would like to add "Tasks" to the mix. As a software developer myself I understand the nature of Alpha-level code.

This message was edited Apr 20, 2009.
Guillermo

Posted: Apr 29, 2009
I am also very interested. I use Outlook 2003 with Windows XP and an iPhone all in sync.
tlbradburn

Posted: Apr 30, 2009
I am interested - I use Outlook 2007, Windows Vista, with a proxy.
rclark

Posted: May 05, 2009
I am interested, if this will allow emails flagged for followup (that show up in OUtlook Tasks) now sync to Toodledo. If this can be done currently than I cannot find out how to do so. Please advise.
David

Posted: Jul 25, 2009
Is there any update on the availability of this Outlook Plugin?
Anders

Posted: Jul 25, 2009
keef

Posted: Jul 27, 2009
Actually I think this is for a different product Anders, if I remember correctly this was going to be an add in for Outlook instead of an external application like ToodledoSync.

keef
Anders

Posted: Jul 27, 2009
Sorry, I should have read more carefully.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.