ForumsDevelopersOld Twitter API?

Old Twitter API?
jDog

Posted: Jun 12, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Noticed I am no longer able to add tasks via Twitter. Bummer. Also noticed the timing coincided with them shutting off their original API, which has me suspicious that Toodledo is using their old API?

Tried to re-establish my Twitter link from the tools/twitter-connect page, but am seeing "There was an error verifying your Twitter account. Please reload the page and authenticate again." - of course, reloading does not help.

Is it just me? Are others still able to rock their twitter/toodledo connection?

thanks,
jadel
reckoner

You are not alone. I'm having the same problem.

Hopefully, somebody here knows something.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I thought we had migrated to the new API already. We must have missed something. Will check.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 13, 2013
Turns out that we did all the work to support the new API (months ago), but then didn't do the last step of switching over to using the new code. It has now been switched over, and I tested that I could add a task via Twitter and it worked.
jDog

hmmm, well, happy to hear all the work was previously done. sent a couple test tweets this morning though, still have not appeared in my task list.

tried disconnecting and reconnecting my twitter account, too. still no luck. anything else I'd need to do?

thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It takes a few minutes for the tasks to be added. Are they added now?
Scott

If only you had some sort of program where you could list the things you need to do and check them off when they are done.. ;-)

Glad I'm not the only one who does this sort of thing.

Posted by Jake:
Turns out that we did all the work to support the new API (months ago), but then didn't do the last step of switching over to using the new code. It has now been switched over, and I tested that I could add a task via Twitter and it worked.
jDog

no, still no twitter added tasks from yesterday, this morning, and I've tried again this afternoon.

I add my tasks mostly via text expander, quicksilver and a twitter-based action. feel like an animal launching a mail program and crafting subject lines. :)

thanks!
jDog

Posted: Jun 14, 2013
hey reckoner, are you able to add tasks via twitter again? still not happening for me. :(
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 14, 2013
This is very strange. I has just deleted and re-added a twitter connection on my account. I was then able to successfully tweet a task from Toodledo and send a direct message from twitter to Toodledo and both worked. I am not sure why it isn't working for you. I do not see any error messages.

I will have to keep investigating.
jDog

Posted: Jun 17, 2013
good news, tried deleting and reconnecting again, and now we're in good shape.

thanks toodledo team!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.