ForumsDevelopersFolder added via the API doesn't appear correctly in Web UI

Folder added via the API doesn't appear correctly in Web UI
OrgTood

Posted: Aug 15, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I am using the folders.add.php method to create a folder "Folder-3". Via the API, all looks good, here's the response from the server:

<folders>
<folder>
<private>0</private>
<archived>0
<order>3</order>
<name>Folder-3</name>
</folder>
</folders>

This looks pretty much the same as other folders that were created via the Web UI. I can even associate tasks with the folder and that seems good via the API as well. But when I go to the Web UI the behavior is somewhat broken:

* Tasks tab view by Main, the Folder column for the tasks in this new folder is blank. The tasks are grouped by folder, and all the tasks in this new folder are grouped together under an empty labeled folder.

* Tasks tab view by Folder, the new folder does *not* show up on the left. But, clicking on All Tasks, now the new folder shows up in the Folder column as well in the group heading as expected.

* Click 'edit folders...' and the new folder *does* show up in the list just like the other folders, not archived and not private. *But* if I click on the new folder name for a task assigned to it, the new folder name is *not* in the drop-list and the task defaults back to No Folder.

I tried logging out and back in, and that did not fix the problem.

At some point it clears up, but I can't tell why.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 15, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
To speed up the main site, the user's list of folders is cached for 10 minutes on the web server. The site is smart enough to prematurely refresh this cache if the user modifies the folders on the website. However, if you modify the folders via the API, the site is currently unable to force this cache to refresh, so you will need to wait 10 minutes for folder changes made by the API to be reflected on the website. We are looking into fixing this. In the meantime, you can speed this up by making a trivial edit to a folder and clicking the "Save Changes" button on the folder organize page.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.