ForumsDevelopers400 Bad Request: Invalid refresh token

400 Bad Request: Invalid refresh token
TaskUnifier

Posted: Oct 30, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

Since I migrated TaskUnifier to API v3, many users are facing this error when the app is trying the refresh the token.

I don't know how to debug this as I simply send the request and receive an HTTP 400 exception.

Is there any way at your side to debug this ?

Thanks,

Ben
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 01, 2014
If the refresh token becomes invalid, your app should prompt the user to sign in again to get a new one. One thing to note is that each time you use a refresh token to get an access token is that you get both an access token and a new refresh token in return. You should discard the old refresh token and use the new one. This may help with your error. I will also investigate what the issue might be.
TaskUnifier

Posted: Nov 03, 2014
Hi,

That's what I do.
The first thing I do is trying the retrieve the account info, if it fails do to an invalid token, I try to refresh the token.

If it fails (BadRequest), I ask a new auth code.
If it works, I retrieve the account info with the new token and I replace the existing token and refresh token with the new ones.

This refresh of the token works 80% of the time. But some users are often receiving a BadRequest: Invalid refresh token error, that I can't understand.
The latest refresh token I received is sent in the request, so I don't have much ways to debug this.

Thanks,

Ben
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 04, 2014
Another developer is also having this problem, but we have not been able to yet confirm what the problem is. There are many apps that work correctly so I suspect that the problem is with the OAuth library that you are using. Are you using the Google OAuth library perhaps?
TaskUnifier

Posted: Nov 06, 2014
Hi,

I'm using my owner library. I checked that the auth code and refresh token which are sent are always to latest I received from Toodledo.

What I don't understand is that it is working for most of my users, but not for some of them.

If I had more information in the error message I could maybe debug this more easily.

It would be great if you could check why the error is returned.

Is the refresh token missing somehow ?
Is the refresh token invalid because out of date ?
Is the refresh token invalid because it doesn't exist ?
Is the refresh token invalid because it is an old one ?

Thanks,

Ben
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 06, 2014
Can you please make a support ticket and include a log of your API calls including the refresh token you are trying to use? We can look it up and see what is happening to it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.