ForumsDevelopersOutlook Client 0.9.8.0 is available

Outlook Client 0.9.8.0 is available
keef

Posted: Jul 20, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
A new version of the Outlook Synchronization Client for Toodledo is available at http://www.chromadrake.com

This update adds some features that have been requested:

- There is now an option to allow Toodledo folders to be created from Outlook task Categories.
- There is now an option for the tool will to add new Toodledo task to tasks to folders that match the name of the Outlook source tasks category.
- There is now an option to skip the synchronization of existing completed tasks. This allows you to avoid importing large number of completed tasks that you probably no longer care about.

(these new options are all enabled by default)

-The application (finally) auto runs after an installation

Some release notes:

1) You are strongly encouraged to backup your Toodledo and Outlook tasks before using this client. This software is still experimental. I recommend using the the File->Import/Export option in Outlook.
2)Please shut down and uninstall the old version of the client before upgrading to this version
3) The diagnostic traces are very detailed and may contain sensitive information. Please do not post diagnostic traces to the forums. If you encounter an issue, you are welcome to mail the traces to me at developer(at)chromadrake.com

keef
cantalinik

Posted: Jul 24, 2008
keef, big fan of this sync, I hate the security issue thing but I'll live for now. A big problem I have is recurring tasks, I don't know if you already know of the problem. Somewhere in the syncing process between outlook and toodledo something fails.
menza

When I try and run your application, I have the following message:

"Error initializing connections.Key not valid for use in specified state."

I sometime receive a .net error box that has the following information:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Key not valid for use in specified state.

at System.Security.Cryptography.ProtectedData.Unprotect(Byte[] encryptedData, Byte[] optionalEntropy, DataProtectionScope scope)
at SyncApp.UserHelper.get_UserID()
at SyncApp.UserControls.AccountDetails..ctor()
at SyncApp.frmToodledoAccountDetails.InitializeComponent()
at SyncApp.frmToodledoAccountDetails..ctor()
at SyncApp.frmOptions.changeAccountDetails()
at SyncApp.frmOptions.btnChange_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SyncApp
Assembly Version: 0.9.8.0
Win32 Version: 0.9.8.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Chromatic%20Dragon/Toodledo%20Sync%20Application/SyncApp.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.F orms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
SynchLib
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Chromatic%20Dragon/Toodledo%20Sync%20Application/SynchLib.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configura tion.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Security
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Security/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Security.dll
ToodledoClientLib
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Chromatic%20Dragon/Toodledo%20Sync%20Application/ToodledoClientLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Can you let me know what I am doing wrong?
justin.macallum

I'm recieving the same error message here also.
keef

This seems to be a bug.

I don't know what the root cause of this is, but the application seems to be leaving its config file in an invalid state where it can't read its own encrypted settings. I think it might be due to the autolaunch code I've added in this release. I'll try to have this patched this weekend.

Here is a something you can try in the mean time. Its a bit long winded but it worked for me.

Close down the application.

Go to the following folder

Documents and settings -> <your username> -> Local Settings -> Application Data -> Chromatic_Dragon

There should be a folder called SyncApp.exe_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx here

(e.g. SyncApp.exe_Url_g1vm4a2pfjmyu2s1ls4gcntdbfy3djru)

Under this directory there should be a folder called 0.9.8.0

Go into this directory and rename the file user.config to something else (e.g. user.config_bad)

Restart the application. You will need to re enter your authentication details and options, but after that things should work for you.

(on Vista I think the folder is under c:\Users\<your name>\Local\Chromatic_Dragon\SyncApp.exe_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx )

Hope that helps.

Keef

This message was edited Jul 24, 2008.
keef

Posted by cantalinik:
keef, big fan of this sync, I hate the security issue thing but I'll live for now.

Please see the other thread regarding the MicrPledge project about this. Its fixable but I either have to raise the money for a third party library or start charging for the app.

A big problem I have is recurring tasks, I don't know if you already know of the problem. Somewhere in the syncing process between outlook and toodledo something fails.

I don't use recurring tasks so I haven't added this in yet. I'll add this to my task list for the client development.

keef
lwbates

Keef,

Thanks for the app. Finally, Outlook tasks are again useful to me.

Larry
keef

Posted: Jul 25, 2008
Posted by lwbates:
Keef,

Thanks for the app. Finally, Outlook tasks are again useful to me.

Larry

You are welcome! I am glad people are finding it useful.
Keef

This message was edited Jul 25, 2008.
justin.macallum

Posted: Jul 25, 2008
Posted by keef:
This seems to be a bug.

I don't know what the root cause of this is, but the application seems to be leaving its config file in an invalid state where it can't read its own encrypted settings. I think it might be due to the autolaunch code I've added in this release. I'll try to have this patched this weekend.

Here is a something you can try in the mean time. Its a bit long winded but it worked for me.

Close down the application.

Go to the following folder

Documents and settings -> <your username> -> Local Settings -> Application Data -> Chromatic_Dragon

There should be a folder called SyncApp.exe_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx here

(e.g. SyncApp.exe_Url_g1vm4a2pfjmyu2s1ls4gcntdbfy3djru)

Under this directory there should be a folder called 0.9.8.0

Go into this directory and rename the file user.config to something else (e.g. user.config_bad)

Restart the application. You will need to re enter your authentication details and options, but after that things should work for you.

(on Vista I think the folder is under c:\Users\<your name>\Local\Chromatic_Dragon\SyncApp.exe_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx )

Hope that helps.

Keef

Thanks for the help Keef. That seems to have done the trick. FWIW, I was having this problem on both my laptop and desktop, both running Vista.
dfink

Posted: Jul 28, 2008
I posted this on another topic for an older version:

I am getting the following error with version 0.9.8.1, running outlook 2007:

SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.TaskItem'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063035-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.GetActiveTaskCategories()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchAndRetrieveToodledoFolders()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.performFullSynch(SyncInfo syncinfo)
at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchronizeTasks()
at SyncApp.frmOptions.backgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
keef

Posted by dfink:
I posted this on another topic for an older version:

I am getting the following error with version 0.9.8.1, running outlook 2007:

SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.TaskItem'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063035-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). at OutlookClientLib.OutlookProxy.GetActiveTaskCategories()
at SyncApp.frmOptions.backgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

This error is cropping up for a few people, but I don't know the exact cause yet - still investigating I am afraid.

The most likely cause for this is a resource leak in the Outlook .NET API which is being trigged by people with a large number of tasks.

Another issue could be that there is a type of object in the tasks folder that can't be converted to a TaskItem.

How many Outlook tasks do you have?

Keef
dfink

I have 61 Outlook tasks.
keef

Does this include completed tasks? these often get overlooked.
dfink

OK.

I deleted all my completed tasks.

I also deleted any attachents (files or attached messages) in my tasks.

I now have 40 active tasks.

When I sync, I get the following, includes error:
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:synchronizeTasks() method called
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:synchronizeTasks() load sync records
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:synchronizeTasks() performing full synchronization
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:performFullSync() method called
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:performFullSync() retrieving all toodledo tasks
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:performFullSync() synching and retrieving toodledo folders
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:synchAndRetrieveToodledoFolders() getting Toodledo Folders
dfink

I have all tasks categorized, for example:

@Waiting For

@Work

@Computer

Also, does it make a difference if you are "connected" to your Exchange server or in off-line mode?

I am out of my office for a few days, so I am experiencing this error over VPN, when online and when in off-line mode (no VPN active)
keef

Hmm, well it doesn't appear the number of tasks then (at least in your case).

The only other things I can think of so far are

a) There is no interface to talk to. You need to make sure the Office Primary Interop Assemblies that correspond to your version of Outlook are installed. These can be found
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/

b) There is something in your Tasks folder that is not a task item, although I have no idea what this could be.

I'll look into the offline/online angle as well.
keef

Posted: Jul 29, 2008
I've started a new thread for the E_NOINTERFACE thing as it seems to be affecting quite a few people.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.