ForumsDevelopersoutlook sycronizing problem

outlook sycronizing problem
cbl27949

Posted: Oct 30, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
> 1.I have managed to syncronize my todo ipod touch application with toodledo but i can not seem to sycronize or even upload my PC's outlook.
> 2. We have choosen out toodledo sync application options but they dont seem to be working.
keef

Posted: Oct 30, 2008
I am sorry, you'll need to be more specific about the nature of the problem. Exactly what isn't working? Can you authencticate? Are you getting an error message, is something showing up on the diagnostics panel? Please supply as much information as you can
keef
teri.rankin

Posted: Nov 10, 2008
I have had Outlook sync problems too. It worked great for about 2-3 weeks and then mysteriously stopped syncing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the sync app as well as deleting my Toodledo account and setting up a new one. Nothing has worked to fix the problem.

I'm on Outlook 2007. Toodledo authentication succeeded. After a manual sync, Toodledo says "You've done everything in this folder!" but there are no tasks in Toodledo. I have 84 open tasks in Outlook that I should see in Toodledo.

I'm most perplexed by the fact that it worked great for a few weeks and mysteriously stopped working and now it won't work at all. Help!
keef

Posted: Nov 11, 2008
Hi teri,

By changing Toodledo accounts you have confused the sync client completely. In order to be able to track which Outlook tasks have been created the application maintains a database of synchronization information. This database persists when you uninstall/reinstall to allow people to upgrade version without losing all their data.

To get things working again now that you have changed accounts you will need to reset the database using the following procedure

( Warning to others reading this thread: This process is a last resort and WILL create duplicate tasks if used incorrectly. Only use it if you have been advised to do so. )

Back up your Outlook tasks.
Make sure that you are running the latest version of Toodledosync
Open the options page, go to the recovery tab and click 'Enable Recovery Options'
Click the 'Reset Synchronization Database' button
Read the warning and click Proceed if you wish to continue

Once you have cleared the database your tasks should start being sent to Toodledo again. This could take some time to complete.

keef

This message was edited Nov 11, 2008.
teri.rankin

Thanks keef! I have tried that before changing accounts and it didn't work. I just tried again and it still doesn't work. Toodledo still shows no tasks. Any other ideas? You can see why I thought changing accounts might work.
keef

Hi teri,

Could you please mail me a diagnostics trace with the 'show traffic' option enabled to developer(at)chromadrake.com and I'll try and work out what is happening.

Cheers
keef

This message was edited Nov 11, 2008.
laurie

Posted: Dec 02, 2008
Keef

First of all. God bless you for getting Tasks to my iPhone! I had Toodledo tasks showing on my iPhone.

I am also having these same issues. I uninstalled 0.9.9.0 and installed 0.9.9.1. I deleted all tasks from Toodledo and made a new pst in Outlook. I have Outlook 2003 and Click Yes 1.2. I am not getting any tasks transferred to Toodledo with the manual sync.

On the Diagnostic tab I have the 3 options to check but no other options to "run" or "view".

Any ideas to get my tasks synced out to Toodledo?

-Laurie
keef

Posted: Dec 03, 2008
Hi Laurie,

Please mail me a diagnostics trace (developer(at)chromadrake.com) and i'll try and help you out.

Cheers

Keith
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.