ForumsDevelopersProblems with tasks created from Outlook 2007

Problems with tasks created from Outlook 2007
unknown

Posted: Nov 02, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hi and thank you for this great tool ! It saved my live.

But one problem (only for me?): if I create a new task from my Outlook 2007, then I manually synch, it show correctly on the toodledo website. But if I made updates from tooldledo (for this specific task) and synch manually again, it didn't not update my outlook task!!

BUT if I create a task FROM toodledo, I have no problems of updates (updates from Outlook OK and updates from toodloedo OK).

Any idea? A general problem?

Thank you for your help!

Thierry

PS: sorry I made a mistake posting in this section so I post again in the right section.

This message was edited Nov 02, 2008.
keef

Posted: Nov 02, 2008
Hi,
Try adjusting your timezone settings in the Toodledo account settings page. See if that make a difference.
Cheers

keef
unknown

Posted: Nov 09, 2008
hi,

I check my timezone in Toodledo but this is already correct. Another idea?

The steps to reproduce the problem are very simple :

- Create a new task from Outlook 2007 (simply give a description, that's all)
- Keep Outlook open (or close it, the result is the same) and click on 'Manual Sync' from 'Toodledo Outlook Sync'
- Refresh Toodledo website. -> we see the newly created task
- Update this task from toodledo website (simply change the description of this task)
- Again, click on 'Manual Sync' from 'Toodledo Outlook Sync'

We did not see any changes in Outlook 2007 !

----
With the steps below I have no problems

- Create a new task from toodledo (simply give a description, that's all)
- Keep Outlook open (or close it, the result is the same) and click on 'Manual Sync' from 'Toodledo Outlook Sync'
- in Outlook, we see the newly created task
- Update this task from Outlook (simply change the description of this task)
- Again, click on 'Manual Sync' from 'Toodledo Outlook Sync'

We see the changes on both sides. -> OK

Thank you!
keef

Posted: Nov 11, 2008
Sorry, I can't reproduce this.
Is anyone else having this issue?
keef
Rob

I just tried the exact steps reported by Thierry and it worked fine for me. I could update either to Toodledo from Outlook 2007, or to Outlook 2007 from Toodledo with no problems at all.
keef

Thanks rob, its good to have confirmation that this isn't a universal problem,
keef
jul.h.online

Posted: May 27, 2009
i have the same problem.. my tasks from Outlook just don't appear in toodledo. in the other direction it works..

it's weird, because it used to work before. then i had to reset my computer because of a virus and now it doesn't work anymore.. i can't figure out what should have changed, as i use all the same programs..
sam

Posted: May 27, 2009
I am having trouble with the sync in both directions. I have only had the system working for a few days, and it has been working fine. The sync dialogue box shows that it is schronizing OK, but it does not. Because I am a fresh user, perhaps I am doing something wrong? Is there a basic setting I may have wrong?
keef

Posted: May 31, 2009
Could you please post Outlook sync client issues in the Third party forum? The Toodledo admins have asked us to stop using the developer forum for sync client support.
cheers
keef

This message was edited May 31, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.