ForumsDevelopersOutlook Client 0.9.9.1 is Available

Outlook Client 0.9.9.1 is Available
jmeyer21 Post deleted
sventhebrit

Posted: Dec 11, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
jmeyer21,

I can't see the pics, but this is normal. Each time I do a Sync, I get a dialog box which I have to click yes for it to sync. I have it set to manually sync and perhaps only sync 2/3 times per day when I am in the office -- so not a big issue for me.

Check out the known issues at the bottom of this URL Below -- there are a couple of suggestions on how to automatically click yes on the box (I haven't tried them).
http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx

Regards
Steve
jmeyer21

Thanks for the info Steve. I was concerned that there was a potential problem.

Jim
keef

Just as a reminder, if you are an Outlook 2007 user you can get rid of this warning by installing a recognized virus scanner
keef
bdjohnson79

Posted: Dec 19, 2008
Posted by bdjohnson79:
I'm having a problem getting the client to install and get the first sync going on my work PC. When I try to configure the proxy server, I got the following errors (note: I don't have and cannot get admin rights on this PC):

Problem solved. There's an issue with .NET and the Cisco Security Agent program that runs on my machine. Fortunately, I do have enough access to my machine to terminate the service.

After playing around, I've discovered that attempting to configure a proxy makes the sync app try and touch machine.config. Disabling CSA fixes the problem. Once up and running, attempting a sync with CSA enabled will give an error like this (from the syncapp log):

SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization: Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\ToodledoSyncApp\syncinfo.xml' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
at SynchLib.SyncInfoManager.loadSyncInformation()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchronizeTasks()
at SyncApp.frmMain.backgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Again, disabling CSA fixes the problem. It'd be great if there were a solve for this such that I don't have to violate company policy to run the application.

This message was edited Dec 19, 2008.
keef

Posted: Dec 19, 2008
Your company has been a little proscriptive about its SOE I'm afraid. The Local Settings directory is where application are _meant_ to save local data.

I guess that only thing that I can do to help you out here is make this location configurable in a future release.

I'll see what I can do.

keef
bdjohnson79

Posted: Dec 23, 2008
Posted by keef:
Your company has been a little proscriptive about its SOE I'm afraid. The Local Settings directory is where application are _meant_ to save local data.

I guess that only thing that I can do to help you out here is make this location configurable in a future release.

I'll see what I can do.

Thanks! Before I disabled CSA, configuring the proxy server was giving me .NET runtime errors trying to access \Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.something\config\machine.config, so it's not just the Local Settings directory. Changing file permissions doesn't fix the issue - I can give Everyone Full Control and it'll still get the error - CSA is superseding things.

It appears that there are several issues associated with overzealous CSA configs and .NET issues:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/winformssetup/thread/85b1238e-8de5-4c77-afa0-71589d9ea 5ca/

Basically, CSA doesn't like "self-modifying" code.
scmelson

Posted: Dec 24, 2008
Keef -

I was using the Outlook Sync tool with no problems for a month or two, then I started getting this error message: "Error during synchronization: There is an error in XML document (0, 0)". Thoughts? Where is an address I can e-mail you the full trace?

scmelson
keef

A few people have had this. It look like there is a bug where the sync database document can be corrupted.

You can use the recovery options to reset your database, but please back up your tasks first - just to be on the safe side.

keef
scmelson

Posted by keef:
A few people have had this. It look like there is a bug where the sync database document can be corrupted.

You can use the recovery options to reset your database, but please back up your tasks first - just to be on the safe side.

keef

Hey Keef -

This seems to have done the trick. Thanks so much! Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.

Scott
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.